Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WWII German Foreign Legion "Don Cossack" Papachka

Article about: Hello Friends, Here is a WWII German Foreign Legion "Don Cossack" Papachka. This is a beautiful Cossack officer hat. The cockade it has is the old czarist type. Has a large metal e

mattc
    ?

Default WWII German Foreign Legion "Don Cossack" Papachka

Hello Friends,

Here is a WWII German Foreign Legion "Don Cossack" Papachka. This is a beautiful Cossack officer hat. The cockade it has is the old czarist type. Has a large metal eagle sitting on the top. There is still ink stampings legible in the hat. I received this item from Russia. I would like to share for discussion and thought.

Thanks,
    Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German Foreign Legion "Don Cossack" Papachka   WWII German Foreign Legion "Don Cossack" Papachka  

WWII German Foreign Legion "Don Cossack" Papachka   WWII German Foreign Legion "Don Cossack" Papachka  

WWII German Foreign Legion "Don Cossack" Papachka   WWII German Foreign Legion "Don Cossack" Papachka  

WWII German Foreign Legion "Don Cossack" Papachka  

2. # ADS

Default Re: WWII German Foreign Legion "Don Cossack" Papachka

Don't know anything about these and I hope it's a good one for you. It looks pretty interesting. Good find.

Hello,
    the eagle is political issue, not military...

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    the eagle is political issue, not military...
    Yes you are correct about the bird. I missed that one.