MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My gun collection - Display ideas.

Article about: Hello all, My gun collection is starting to slowly increase in size, and I'm wondering how to display them. I want to hang them on the wall, but I'm not sure how to do it. I've got a Mk1 Bre

Default My gun collection - Display ideas.

Hello all,

My gun collection is starting to slowly increase in size, and I'm wondering how to display them.

I want to hang them on the wall, but I'm not sure how to do it. I've got a Mk1 Bren Gun, a Lee Enfield No4 and a PPsH41 (part ex'd my K98 for this yesterday)

Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated

Lee

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My gun collection - Display ideas.
    P
    Many

Default Re: My gun collection - Display ideas.

I know the Bren is probably too heavy to hang, so I'll most likely keep that on the floor

Hi Lee, personaly I would keep the Bren on the floor too.

An easy way to make a good strong gun rack is to take two peices of timber, about 3 or 4 inches wide by about 3/4 of an inch thick. Make them about floor to ceiling in length to allow for expansion of your collection. These need to be fixed securely to a brick wall (not plasterboard). Fix them to the wall using about four 3 inch screws and plenty of "No nails" type adhesive. They need to be spaced on the wall about 18 to 24 inches apart. (Work this out by laying them on the floor first and placing the guns on top to see if the spacing is correct. Once fixed on the wall you then need to fix some wooden dowels in place to hold the guns. These need to be about three quarters of an inch thick. Drill the wooden wall battens using a spade drill of the correct size to take the dowels. The holes want to be a good tight fit for the dowels. The holes also need to be made so they slant slightly upwards so the guns are cradled in place. Drill the full depth of the wood. Fix the dowels in place with "No Nails". The position of the dowel on the battern is determinded by the size of shape of the rifle/smg concerned. You can then stain or varnish to taste.

Hope this helps?

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My gun collection - Display ideas.  

Hi Lee,
    My gun collection is on the wall, for the rifles ect i use those
    tool hangers that you can buy in aby hardware store, they have a two inch screw that goes in the the wall and is very strong.
    all i do is put tape around them to take the red colour away,
    but there are other ways of colouring them. for my bren i have made two brackets you can buy for selving, you will see how the bren sits into them. It is not in the way on the floor and give me more room. hope it helps.
    Dave.

Brilliant, thats certainly give me a few ideas

By the way, love your Sturmgewehr 44 Ade.... very nice indeed! And John, your MP40.... beautiful

I think I'll probably use John's method. Main reason being is that we're in a privately rented property, and the hanging hooks John uses look like they would'nt leave too much damage should we ever have to take them down if we had to move.

Ade and John... Thanks very much

Lee

Here's my guns
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My gun collection - Display ideas.  

Hi Lee, I think Dave's method would be best for you. If you took mine off the wall it would pull the plaster off

Nice PPSh41: very like one of mine. What is the date on it?

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Lee, I think Dave's method would be best for you. If you took mine off the wall it would pull the plaster off

Nice PPSh41: very like one of mine. What is the date on it?

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade, its dated 1945... so a late/post war production, but I absolutely love this weapon. I've wanted one for quite a while now

Lee

Hi Lee, mine is also '45 dated the same. It is worth buying some inert rounds and filling the drum to the 71 round capacity. It makes it feel very different.

They are superb weapons: great fun to fire for real either live or blanks. The pics show me with one I hired for an event. 900 RPM!

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My gun collection - Display ideas.   My gun collection - Display ideas.  

?

Lee great guns. My cousin uses a sporterized WWII Enfield for hunting.Said it is one of the most accurate guns he ownes. Gary

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast