Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2 Years collecting on a 20 dollar allowence

Article about: So, I started collecting when I was around 11.. I'm 13 now. 20 bucks a week for a collection for 2 years results in this mess of miscellaneous items, mostly WWI-Korean War items, I might hav

Default 2 Years collecting on a 20 dollar allowence

So, I started collecting when I was around 11.. I'm 13 now. 20 bucks a week for a collection for 2 years results in this mess of miscellaneous items, mostly WWI-Korean War items, I might have one or two things from Vietnam. Some of the rarest things I own are the Newfoundland regiment items, which my own ancestor was in. 2 Years collecting on a 20 dollar allowence2 Years collecting on a 20 dollar allowence2 Years collecting on a 20 dollar allowence2 Years collecting on a 20 dollar allowence

Could use help with the painted ammunition crate.. White with a red cross. Not sure why?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 Years collecting on a 20 dollar allowence
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Well. A massive congratulations to you. You have done fantastic. My son is 13 and has a passion like you as well but we collect "together"...lol (i.e my wallet).

Keep it up. And in no time you will run out of room

My only bit of advice (which you seem to already follow). Quality always trumps quantity.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That's a nice collection you have, and probably better than I had at your age. It was standard practice to utilise discarded ammunition boxes for a variety of uses. They were very robust and offered good protection to whatever was stored inside.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Thanks for the advice. I (somewhat) like the look of relic items, however i'd prefer to buy items in good condition. Many things come from friends or family who go on vacation and/or live in former zones where heavy combat took place, and therefore go and dig up items and mail whatever they find back to me, probably the best item I got is a Finnish M40 Stahlhelm that is complete, just in the mail.. And it's nice to know that people still do things like collect with their kids or parents. My dad was the one who actually started my, as he calls it, "Addiction" to collecting!

CBH
    ?

Welcome to the Forum, it's always nice to have new Canadian Members.
    One piece of advice is to never be tempted to trade away your Family items, Newfoundland items are very sought after.
    Some collectors may offer big trades for them , don't be tempted , take good care of them.
    Hope you enjoy your time here.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Well. A massive congratulations to you. You have done fantastic. My son is 13 and has a passion like you as well but we collect "together"...lol (i.e my wallet).

Keep it up. And in no time you will run out of room

My only bit of advice (which you seem to already follow). Quality always trumps quantity.
    (i.e my wallet) had a good chuckle with that.

Nice collection!! You are doing well.
    A friend from Norway,
    Stig

Welcome indeed "young 'un"

You seem to be off to a good start so keep it up! You will enjoy the hobby for years if it holds your interest but you will never enjoy it more than you do now, trust me!

As Steve says ammo boxes have always been "re-purposed" by enterprising "toms", "grunts" or whatever. A favourite of mine was to bolt one to the front of my LandRover and keep the tow chain in it. It was not at all unusual to see them painted white and used to hold an enhanced first aid kit either.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Some nice things you have there. Well done that young man.

I'm sure that Super Nintendo would fetch more than $20 nowadays

All the best

Jamie

Hello MedicalAmmunitionCrate,

Welcome to the forum. Glad to see another young Canadian collector.

I do have to say Good job! Nice start to your collection soon enough you will be asking your parents for another room. I love those German Relic helmets. I only have 1 but its a nice m40 found in Poland.

What is your sole interest? If you dont mind me asking. Collecting between the years of WW1-Korea can be complex and expensive. So many different areas to collect from. I found when I started collecting 10 years ago I was grabbing anything I could. It was a huge expense collecting First World War and Second World War militaria from all over the world. I can remember going to a few military shows in Toronto and a couple older guys asking what I really found intresting. It was pre WW2 Luftwaffe dress uniforms for me. From that day on I starting collecting uniforms from the Luftwaffe and years following Canadian and German uniform groupings.

Everyone collects differently but maybe you will find a specific area and collect the hell of it. Its really fun when you start going and realize oh I just need a belt or a few medals and I am done.

If you would like I can send some pictures of my collection. I have some really nice Canadian WW2 field and dress uniforms.

Cheers,

Rockett

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast