Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

37mm assortment

Article about: Hello all, Thought I'd post a small selection of 37mm inert rounds out of curiosity to see if I anyone had any comments? I do like the WW1 trench lantern which I've recently gently restored

Default 37mm assortment

Hello all,
    Thought I'd post a small selection of 37mm inert rounds out of curiosity to see if I anyone had any comments? I do like the WW1 trench lantern which I've recently gently restored to working order. You may have seen it on another forum but thought I'd put it here as it now works perfectly and gives enough light to read by, (also doubles as a very good boot or bivvy bag warmer!)
    Best regards,
    navyman.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 37mm assortment   37mm assortment  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 37mm assortment
    P
    Many

Zable
    ?

Default Re: 37mm assortment

The trench lantern is great. I suppose there is a lot to be said for the ingenuity of warfare. The amazing weapons and machines created by all sides to outdo the other on the battlefield.

When you look at something like that lantern though, you can see it was born out of real necessity.

As they say ''The mother of all invention''.

Thanks for sharing

Hello Zable,
    Thanks for your observation.
    I sit and wonder who made it, where was he, did he look at the half detonated shell and think; "That could have killed me, but it would make a jolly good lamp"? We will never know.
    I can post some pictures of how it was when I bought it, and the very slight additions I made to make it usable indoors without filling room with paraffin smoke if you wish?
    Very best,
    navyman.

very nice little collection, now I know what the odd shell is now, I've had a trench lantern for a while now, I just bought it at a car boot sale a while ago not knowing what exactly what it was :P I might have a go at restoring it now

Thanks

Danny

Hello Danny,
    Thanks for your comments. If you would like to see some restoration pictures just let me know. It was quite easy to do without damaging any of the original components. I like restoration project's providing the basic piece remains close to it's original state. If any parts need to be removed, I take care to make sure they are conserved and displayed alongside the original exhibit, with it's history, and any work I've done.
    Best regards,
    navyman.