Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Another Interesting Junk Shop Find!

Article about: Found this in the Junk Shop as i call it in town. Its a complete NBC No.1 MK.2 Conversion Kit Decontamination NBC Apparatus. As you can see from the photos its complete set of brushes, hoses

Default Another Interesting Junk Shop Find!

Found this in the Junk Shop as i call it in town. Its a complete NBC No.1 MK.2 Conversion Kit Decontamination NBC Apparatus. As you can see from the photos its complete set of brushes, hoses, rods, fittings, inc the tools to put it all together all in a heavy duty canvas type bag. This was £15 which i didnt think was bad at all considering its complete set in very good probably unused condition. Was a pain to carry home as quite heavy. I have looked but can find no references to this set anywhere on the web either in general search criteria or in images-nothing at all on this set anywhere. Would be great to know more about this type as all info the Junk Shop guy had was that it was 91 Gulf Issue which is feasible as the coalition fully expected the Iraqis to use chemical weapons and this equipment would have been deployed via a special bowser to decontaminate either soldiers or vehicles such as tanks etc. Regards, Tim.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another Interesting Junk Shop Find!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Another Interesting Junk Shop Find!

Hi Tim.

Basically its a glorified "pressure washer" mate!

If memory serves right, it was coupled to the pressure outlet of a water bowser and switched on then used as a pressure washer/brush for deconning troops or vehicles. Nice pick-up for £15 mate.

Regards etc
    Ian D
    AKA: Jimpy

PS: Try googling 1RTR or British Army NBC Decon units. 1RTR is the British Army's dedicated decon unit since it re-roled from armour in the 1990's.
    Last edited by jimpy; 10-28-2010 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Addition

Quote by jimpy View Post
    Hi Tim.

Basically its a glorified "pressure washer" mate!

If memory serves right, it was coupled to the pressure outlet of a water bowser and switched on then used as a pressure washer/brush for deconning troops or vehicles. Nice pick-up for £15 mate.

Regards etc
    Ian D
    AKA: Jimpy

PS: Try googling 1RTR or British Army NBC Decon units. 1RTR is the British Army's dedicated decon unit since it re-roled from armour in the 1990's.
    Hi there mate and had feeling you would know something about this NBC kit. Ive tried all the search criteria i can think of but none will turn up anything on this particular kit, no info, pictures or anything which is strange. The bag alone is worth £15 i reckon as its good quality and well made and everything inside is like new. I would think this was 91 Gulf War era so will make good addition to an already large Gulf War collection. Cheers Loads mate, Tim.

?

No probs Tim.

Ian