Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Any American Civil War items anyone?

Article about: Here are some of my American Civil War cavalry sabers. Left to right : Ames 1840 Cavalry saber, dated 1846, PDL Officers Cavalry saber, S&K second contract cavalry saber, Thomas Griswold

Here are some of my American Civil War cavalry sabers.

Left to right : Ames 1840 Cavalry saber, dated 1846, PDL Officers Cavalry saber, S&K second contract cavalry saber, Thomas Griswold cavalry Officers saber, Boyle and Gamble tortoise shell grip engineer's sword, Ames 1840 model dated 1850 cavalry saber, Thomas Griswold named Cavalry Officers saber, Ames 1840 dated 1847 cavalry saber, Ames 1840 dated 1851 cavalry saber, S&K second contract cavalry saber.
    For the uninitiated : Thomas Griswold and Boyle and Gamble are confederate sabers, of southern production.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any American Civil War items anyone?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any American Civil War items anyone?
    P
    Many

?

Any American Civil War items anyone?Any American Civil War items anyone?[ATTACH=CONFIG]610369[/ATTACH

Some of my CW bits, some rounds that were dug up in the printing tray, a 30 pound Parrott Round I dug up in NC and a rare Confederate 12 pound Cannonball shell type, made in NC

Dean O
    Ajax Canada
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any American Civil War items anyone?  

Any American Civil War items anyone?Any American Civil War items anyone?

Here is a confederate bowie, old museum tag says : " Captured by Colonel Turner in Red River Campaign, Louisiana "

I couldn't help but notice that you are Irish. Here is a great book.

?

One of the books I helped Write, Men from 23 Countries and 28 States, it includes 9 Canadians and the only Canadian Confederate Buried in Arlington.
    I used to be nick named Taz. This was a private printing of 1000 copies, I have number 1 and number 13.
    I have only seen one copy for sale in the past few years, asking price is $300, when I told them I helped write it and I had a credit, the book store asked me to sign it...Nah!!!

Any American Civil War items anyone?Any American Civil War items anyone?Any American Civil War items anyone?Any American Civil War items anyone?

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

Here is a signed book by Dr John Wyeth who as a young man rode with General N.B. Forrest.

This is the first edition.

?

?

?

I collected CW items and uniforms and set up correct mannequin displays years back but after years of just collecting CW items I finally moved on to the Indian war period, then Span Am war and on up to WWII. I sold off the misc CW collectables I had accumulated as I moved on to the IW period but kept the full mannequin displays and also the mannequin displays for each other period that I had carefully assembled. All of which I still have today all stuffed in one small extra bedroom. It was a challenge to find and built a mannequin with all the correct and original period uniforms and equipment and once complete it had to remain complete as I just couldn't sell it off piece by piece after all that work that was done to complete it.
    If you click on this site below you'll see my US collection I put had together and still have. Here's a sample of a couple of displays, Ray
    My mannequin displays - PINNED DISPLAYS - U.S. Militaria Forum

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast