Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Article about: Hi Ian, Thank you for your message and comments. Yes, I think that what you say about the bag is correct but I stand to be corrected if anyone knows better?? Have you got anything to show? I

?

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Odal, Guten Abend. First, your "not so good English" is a damn sight better than my none existent German!! Another nice and interesting item (sorry to hear about your uncle). What is the focus of your collecting?
    Please keep your "stuff" coming it is nice to view!!
    Cheers for now Michael
    Hi Michael!

Thanks for your kind words
    Mainly i am collecting rings, rings, rings .... and some other little jewelry of the time.
    And of course the stuff of the family - father, uncles, grandfathers.....

And all nice little things i get also.

Here somewhat other - a handle of a letter opener. Alpacca, silver plated.
    Badly the blade - made of "Galalith"/a very early kind of plastic - gots lost.
    Enjoy the pics and a period advert of a similar letter opener
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"   "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    P
    Many

The second piece is, to the best of my knowledge, a minefield pennant pouch.
    I think it is a pouch for the wire cutters Michael.

Regards, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi Odal, Thank you for your message and for another interesting and unusual item. If I ownwed that hilt, I would probably try and get a blade made up for it, not to fool anyone but just for the aesthetics. It is a fine looking item as is but would be even betgter if complete?? What is your name? It feels strange calling you Odal.
    Cheers again Michael R

Hi Dan, You have just rung a great big b ell in my head!!!!! Yes, I believe that you are spot on with both your suggestion and the photo. I can not for the life of me remember where I got thed minefield pennant theory from but I do suddenly recall being advised a long time back that it was for wire cutters. So thank you for bringing me back to reality. Now two questions for you Dan. One, where are all the rest of your odds and ends?? Second, have you any idea why the pouch shown in #87 has the deaths head stamped into the flap??? Your opinion would be appreciated!!

Cheers and thank you once again Michael R

Hi All, Three more odds to view. Once again, your comments and opinions are valued and welcomed.
    Cheers once again Michael R

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

These items are:

1. A first aid belt pouch. The pouch is not marked other than the letter "L" on the reverse panel. I would suggest that this is not a military item and is more likely to have belonged to the DRK or some cadet unit?? What do you think??

2. Is also a first aid pouch but of higher quality and is a military issue item. Unlike Item 1, this pouch features a suspension loop for fitment to shoulder straps. It is also well stamped and has inner straps and a contents listing in the lid.

3. A military bread or ration bag.

Here is one of my unusual items and one that most people will not have seen.

It is a German Foresters "tree Hammer"

I cannot prove that it is Heeresforstverwaltung ( State Forestry Service ) issue but it is certainly period and I can imagine Goering's gamekeepers marking HIS LUMBER with hammers like these ..... "Nein, zis lumber belongs to the Reichsminister of Forestry"

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"   "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Hi Odal, Thank you for your message and for another interesting and unusual item. If I ownwed that hilt, I would probably try and get a blade made up for it, not to fool anyone but just for the aesthetics. It is a fine looking item as is but would be even betgter if complete?? What is your name? It feels strange calling you Odal.
    Cheers again Michael R
    Hi!
    My name is in real "Götz".
    In the case of this hilt i agree with you. Would be nice to see it with a blade, but i havn`t the time for doing this work and so this item is stored in a box with some other not so common stuff
    For example this book-mark:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

?

Quote by odal View Post

Here somewhat other - a handle of a letter opener. Alpacca, silver plated.
    Badly the blade - made of "Galalith"/a very early kind of plastic - gots lost.
    Enjoy the pics and a period advert of a similar letter opener
    Nice items.
    I wonder, what the letter opener was for.
    'Picture search' literally - but what was that, might anybody know?

Quote by Scout View Post
    Nice items.
    I wonder, what the letter opener was for.
    'Picture search' literally - but what was that, might anybody know?
    An early experimental man-powered prototype version of Google image search.

Sorry, couldn't resist it. But seriously:

A Bildersuchwettbewerb, more commonly referred to as Bildersuchfahrt is a kind of rallye where the contestants are provided with a route and a number of pictures of sites/landmarks along the route.

Within a set timeframe, the contestants have to find and identify the sites in the pictures and note the actual sequence in which they appear along the route and their location. The contestant with the highest number of correctly identified pictures wins.

Such "picture hunt" events are still commonly held by motorists' (and even bicycle) clubs.

(The DDAC - Der Deutsche Automobil-Club - was the unified national automobile association in those days.)

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast