Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Article about: Hi Ian, Thank you for your message and comments. Yes, I think that what you say about the bag is correct but I stand to be corrected if anyone knows better?? Have you got anything to show? I

A book once owned by the young Claus von Stauffenberg along with a photo from his youth...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"   "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

Last edited by bigmacglenn; 06-06-2015 at 07:48 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    P
    Many

Hi Herr Oberst, Glad you like the sign amd thank you for your comments!! Re the documents and other writen items on this thread, I would be happy with any information on any of the items and in any order so long as it was convenient to you. I would not expect a verbatim translation on a line by line basis but rather a brief overview of the contents and context. basically, what ever you would be happy to do??

Thank you once again and mbest wishes Michael R

Hi Glenn, A pair of unusual items attributable to a very famous plotter!! The whole Stauffenberg plot amazes me. He and his fellow conspiritors were both inteligent and brave but some of their actions were so badly misjudged as to be almost bordering on stupidity. Leaving lists in safes for the Gestapo to find, only placing half of the explosives in the briefing room, declaring AH dead without confirmation, throwing the remaining explosives out of their staff car for the police to find etc etc etc. Germany lost some very competent, influential and capable people between the plot and the end of the war due to the inertia and incompetence at the very heart of the attempted assasination.

A very desireable pair of items more of historical interest than your average war souveniers or relics.

Thank you for showing them and all the other items you have and I hope will continue to show,

Regards MR
    Last edited by Michael Ryan; 03-30-2014 at 05:16 PM.

MAP
    ?

Mike...at your request. Here are a few odd's and end's. Some probably belong in another forum but I thought they were interesting enough. Probably have more buried in the closets...

1) This is interesting. Bought from a childhood friend in need of cash. he picked it up at a garage sale from a vet. I've looked high and low and have never seen one before. Don't even know what its worth.....

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

2) Here is a cool theater made knife. Says "Berlin by Xmas" on blade. Can't for the life of me figure out the blade type. What did this soldier use? Stumped.

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

3) Probably a fake. Anyone know? This is what I was told. Had it for almost 40 years. My dad bought it for me in the early 70's. I think the RMB numbers should be 6 digits instead of 5.

4) POW hat for German Soldiers. Nothing special but different

5) Neat little locket with two photos (1 RAD and one Wehrmacht). Not sure if it is the same guy or maybe brothers. Or the girls was two timing..... :-)

6) And almost finally, this hand made pendent from the Bund Deutsche Madel (Girls Hitler Youth). This was for their annual summer Landjahr Gruppe. From Iserlohn

7) And finally....doesn't really count as an Odd or End :-) Demil'ed STG 44

MAP
    ?

Re Hans Bergmann Most Wanted Poster....If I remember correctly there was a TV movie made about this story back in the 80's (in the US) Could be wrong....story line....He escapes....meets a local girl who happens to be Jewish.....she falls for him and hides him, they find him and he is shot and killed.....

Here are a few of my randoms... A pair of german photographs with original printing plate, Kriegsmarine songbook, Hitler Youth songbook and a photo of a dead SS Rottenfuhrer. Just a few things. Lots more to come eventually!

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

MAP
    ?

Default Another songbook.

Hello again Naptime...another songbook. Marching songs...1935.

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

MAP
    ?

Have a few more Odds and Ends. Here one I don't see often....especially a complete set in the box..

Box of 4 Zeitzünder für Sprühbüchse 37 (mechanical time fuzes for Mustardgas ("Gelbkreuz")).

Dated Oct 2, 1940, All marked by Waffen Amp. Obviously never used in WWII. Surprised they still made them...

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Hi MAP, the SS-FM armband is a fantasy item as you suspected. These are a complete post war invention, but based upon the original SS-FM car pennant.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

MAP
    ?

Ade, Thanks! I keep it as a momento from my Dad (he tried!!) plus as a "lesson learned". Ever see the glass gobblet on the same post? Been searching for years but never seen one like it.

Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast