MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Article about: Hi Ian, Thank you for your message and comments. Yes, I think that what you say about the bag is correct but I stand to be corrected if anyone knows better?? Have you got anything to show? I

?

Guess its time I have my say relative to the Odds & Ends - No disrespect taken Michael R actually Im glad to see that so many members have taken an interest in the items posted as Odds & Ends but as noted above by Larry specific questions related to specific items should be posted on the respective forum - So lets truck on and go with the intent of this site to learn and have fun -
    Enough said other than keep posting-
    Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Default NYS Spanish American War/Philippine War Volunteer Medal

Its not German but......part of my family history.

NYS Spanish American War/Philippine War Volunteer Medal awarded to George H. Miller. Father of Howard Miller. Grandfather of my Mother

My mother is of German decent going back to 1860's. Long history of some family members in the military. First relative off the boat fought in the civil war (sorry nothing handed down). Then this medal to my great great grandfather and finally in an earlier post an Aunt who won the bronze star in WWII (story is she was helping the French resistance, and I have the Star that was given to her).

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Horst. Total agreement!!
    Cheers MR

Hi MAP, Another very interesting item!! As you say, not German but well worthy of showing to us all!!!!! Please note that Larry has re titled this thread to cover both Allied and Axis Militaria so please feel free to post to your hearts content. But, just for the record, not technical advice or questions from or to anyone using this thread, readers please note. I think that to be able to trawl through your fimilily history is great as unfortunately I can only go back 2 generations.
    Thank you once again for showing and for your continued support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
    Cheers MR

MAP
    ?

Yes, I noticed that change in title. Gives more opportunities to post. Plus yes, no "techie". Haven't done so far anyway.....just show and tell :-)

Thanks Larry for expanding the title.......
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi All, Sorry, completely forgot about this little canundrum on Page 24 Post 233 The German?? flag. So has everyone got it right? The answer is both statements. The flag a an ORIGINAL Royal Navy COPY of the German State Flag worn as a coutesy on warships when visiting German ports etc! So there you go. There is such a thing as an original copy but not a reproduction in the collectors sense of the words. Hope that you found this little canundrum of interest?? The clues, by the way, were the flag size (2 Yard) and the swastica sewn into rather than onto the white disc. And also, of course the white disc is sewn into and not onto the flag field.
    Cheers once again Michael R

Hi All, Something a bit different for viewing. It is an item that turned up some years back which I found interesting. I hope that you do to. It is aLuftwaffe leather brief case with some maps. I put the maps in so before anyone jumps all over me, I know that some of the maps are KM and not LW. Cheers MR

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Hi An item that could be quite rare and a bit out of the ordinary. A belt which was shown on another thread but qualifies as an oddity. What I believe to be a German General Officers service belt and buckle. Only one I've ever come across. Hope you agree, a bit different.
    Cheers MR

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

... a Telefunken RL 12 p35 Pentode Transmitter amplifier (Sende-Verstaerker) 1944 from a large batch of boxed units found a few years ago in Warsaw, Poland.

Primarily manufactured for communications equipment that needed highly reliable components such transmitter/receivers used in aircraft and armoured vehicles, tanks etc.

A spare that was given to me by a friend who scratch built a transmitter/receiver using new period parts.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Hi StefanM, Nice unusaul bit of kit. It amazes me just what us collectors aquire. All sorts of none collection collectables covering just about anything you can imagine that an army could ever require. Nice to see and thank you for showing. Now, what else have you got for us to view?????
    Thank you once again Michael R

PS. I like the little eagle Waffen Ampt!!

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast