Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Article about: Hi Ian, Thank you for your message and comments. Yes, I think that what you say about the bag is correct but I stand to be corrected if anyone knows better?? Have you got anything to show? I

MAP
    ?

Quote by mpw View Post
    SWMBO, someone who must be obeyed. ie, Mrs Scout.
    Oh SNAP.....now I get it..lol........Tiger Mom/wife
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi MAP, You and your Dad must have been pretty caring children because the condition looks pretty good from where I am looking. Some may say "what have toys got to do with militaria?". I take the opposite view, I for one was introduced to militaria as a direct result of collecting and playing with toy soldiers and vehicles. I also collected Dinky US cars but have resisted the urge to collcet the real thing. Money or rather the lack of it!!! I am realy pleased that Larry agreed to the change of title and useage of this thread as it opens it up to us inveterate collector/hoarders and we can show and tell about things not normally seen in militaria collections. And your soldiers are a prime example. Well done and thank you for showing!!!!!!!
    Best wishes MR
    These are the good ones. Many are missing heads or arms or paint, etc. I for one firmly believe these are militaria, as much so are jewelry. Like you, this is one of the things that got me interested in collecting....oh and the sniper K98 that someone gave my Dad to hunt with (of course after they improved it by cutting down the stock and replacing the original scope and ring mounts). Arrrgggg

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

"Tolerates" A wonderfull word! Don't you just love these Martians but I couldn't eat a whole one. Cupboards and wardrobes full of shoes, hats jackets skirts and must not forget the beloved handbag collection. And they tolerate our collections? At least ours has a history and value and not ultimately destined for the charity shop in the fullness of time. At least I hope not!! MR

MAP
    ?

"Tolerates" A wonderfull word! Don't you just love these Martians but I couldn't eat a whole one. Cupboards and wardrobes full of shoes, hats jackets skirts and must not forget the beloved handbag collection. And they tolerate our collections? At least ours has a history and value and not ultimately destined for the charity shop in the fullness of time. At least I hope not!! MR
    She's got two walk in closets....but to defend my better half (she's probably reading this)she knows this is my passion and gives me a nice wad of cash each Xmas andB-day and agreed to put my two boys in one bedroom so I could use the other for my stuff. Plus she gets me better prices when I hit the shows......

Since we're doing a dog and pony show,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,here are some of my troubling pieces (I had trouble explaning to my wife) that are in my collection. Don't ask me why I had to have them, tho I will trade any of these "weird" pieces and sell them as well. I hope you enjoy my dogs and ponies. I cannot imagine why the crucifix has the skull and crossbones at the feet, it appears to be well-worn as I suspect it may have been part of rosary beads...was in a box of militaria I bought from a WW II vets estate. Your opinion welcome. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"   "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"   "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"   "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

The skull and bones motif is common on Catholic crosses...you'll see them on old European headstones as well...The large Sport's Eagle is displayed backwards, btw...I particularly like that pocket watch! Thanks for sharing some of your treasures, and welcome to the Forum!
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    The skull and bones motif is common on Catholic crosses...you'll see them on old European headstones as well...The large Sport's Eagle is displayed backwards, btw...I particularly like that pocket watch! Thanks for sharing some of your treasures, and welcome to the Forum!
    cheers, Glenn
    Thanks for the welcome Glenn. I didn't know the sports eagle was shown backwards....looked good to me ! The pocket watch you mention is actually a Smith 8 day clock as was used in RAF fighters and bombers, Mosquitos and Dehavillands as I recall. The V II rocket postcard is signed by Sir Geoffrey DeHavilland himself, that's the only reason I bought it. Best.
    Ramon

MAP
    ?

Quote by fastfeet View Post
    Since we're doing a dog and pony show,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,here are some of my troubling pieces (I had trouble explaning to my wife) that are in my collection. Don't ask me why I had to have them, tho I will trade any of these "weird" pieces and sell them as well. I hope you enjoy my dogs and ponies. I cannot imagine why the crucifix has the skull and crossbones at the feet, it appears to be well-worn as I suspect it may have been part of rosary beads...was in a box of militaria I bought from a WW II vets estate. Your opinion welcome. Cheers.
    Ramon....got any of the items listed in the Letter from Iwo Jima??? That would be way cool.

MAP
    ?

Hi A nice little piece of TR lady's fashion wear. Of particular interest IMO is the address in the case lid. Cheers MR

Attachment 675354Attachment 675355Attachment 675356
    Michael......so was this a present for the SWMBO????????

MAP
    ?

Scout / Michael......since you enjoyed the "minty" toys.......here are some of the "played" with toys....and there are others that are in pieces.....enjoy.....They are really pretty cool......

The sandbags were made by my Yiaya (grandmother) out of cloth and filled with cut up shoe leather (my Papou - grandfather) was a shoemaker.

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast