Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Article about: Hi Ian, Thank you for your message and comments. Yes, I think that what you say about the bag is correct but I stand to be corrected if anyone knows better?? Have you got anything to show? I

Map,
    Yes, I do, actually the Marine that captured the items mentioned in the COA lived right here in in my town, he was a captain in the Marines in the Pacific theatre during WW II. A very interesting man indeed. That is his helmet with the USMC and globe and eagle on the front on one of my posts. Please find for your perusal most of the items mentioned in his letter that is part of this post.Standby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"   "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"   "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"   "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

Last edited by fastfeet; 04-13-2014 at 10:28 PM. Reason: left out photos

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by fastfeet View Post
    Map,
    Yes, I do, actually the Marine that captured the items mentioned in the COA lived right here in in my town, he was a captain in the Marines in the Pacific theatre during WW II. A very interesting man indeed. That is his helmet with the USMC and globe and eagle on the front on one of my posts. Please find for your perusal most of the items mentioned in his letter that is part of this post.Standby
    That is sweet. I love it when there is a story. Makes it so much better....Like the Pappy signature as well.....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    That is sweet. I love it when there is a story. Makes it so much better....Like the Pappy signature as well.....
    The reason the copper bowl is discolored is because it was burned with a flamethrower. I want to point out that the reason I showed the back of the copper bowl is that Capt. Krueger scratched his name on the bowl on the day he captured the items.
    I had four uncles that served in WW II besides my Dad and as a kid I remember playing with all their souvenirs and looking at their books that showed where they had trained. Only one of my uncles remains and he is very fragile, he was a cook on some of the Pacific theatre islands, he once told me that they were overrun and he had nothing to protect himself but a meat cleaver, obviously he survived. They don't make them like that anymore. Best.

MAP, I am in love with your wife!!! Even if she is a Martian like mine!

Hi Fastfeet. An interesting mix of Dogs and Ponies or rather Militaria. Your crucifix reminded me of an incident which occured back in the late 60's. I was stationed at Royal Air Force Seletar in Singapore where the Maintenance Storage Unit (389MU) for the Far East Air Force was located. I had cause to visit the MU and while passing a hangerwith doors open, full of coffins (War Reserve), was shown the latest batch to arrive, all of which were emblazoned with a large skull and cross bones on the lids. Needless to say, but I will say, the Command Chaplain saw them and immediatly rejected the lot. So why your crucifx bears a similar logo, I have no idea. Thank you for joining the Dog and Pony Club and supporting it with your artifacts.
    With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael R

Yep, I do like them!! Am I seeing things or are the soldiers wearing silver lids?? A snipers delight!! Thanks again for supporting and showing. Regards MR

Hi Fastfeet, By the power invested in me by no one I here by declare you a full member of the Dog and Pony club!! Thank you once again for your arifcts. Other than some Japanese swords and an aircraft compass, I have nothing Japanese but I do like your fan and plate? Very attractive item!! What is your field of collecting? Mine according to the Martian (SWMBO) is JUNK!!
    Cheers MR

Now look what you have done SCOUT!!!!!!! You have got us all using SWMBO.

I love it when cooks and storemen and drivers etc get a mention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I ever meet your uncle, remind me not to complain about his coooking in case he still has the clever!! MR

MAP
    ?

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Yep, I do like them!! Am I seeing things or are the soldiers wearing silver lids?? A snipers delight!! Thanks again for supporting and showing. Regards MR
    My pleasure. Was doing research yesterday and stumbled upon an eflay link selling one of the more common version of one of the exact soldiers in the pics (in similar beat up condition).....starting price of $25. I have almost 50 and some are quite rare so it adds up
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi MAP, May not make you a millionare, but at least it tells you that they have both a collector value and a monetery value!! Cheers MR
    Not to mention aethetic value!

Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast