Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Article about: Hi Ian, Thank you for your message and comments. Yes, I think that what you say about the bag is correct but I stand to be corrected if anyone knows better?? Have you got anything to show? I

MAP
    ?

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Yes MAP and its true!!!!
    wish that would happen to me! Imagine if that went into the dumpster and lost to history.......
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    P
    Many

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Fastfeet, You should have joined the Air Force. All I carried around in training was a few books not dirty old (heavy) rifles and military things!!! And as for runnung?? Why, if a bullet has your name on iy you sure as heel aint going to out run it!!!! LOL!!!!!
    Cheers MR
    You see my moniker ? 2800 feet per second, especially if the husband is after me !!
    The reason I didn't join the AF was that I didn't get the opportunity, I was drafted. When we got to the induction center we were told to form two lines and "count off" all the odds went to the right side and all the evens to the left, The ones on the right were Army and the ones on the left were Marines.......coulda just as easily been a Jarhead as a Grunt. Cheers
    Ramon

Ah, Thats the difference, I was one of the strange people, not only a volunteer but also a lifer!!! I think that you stood in the right line, those Marines do some funny stuff and lost a lot of troops! When you say Grunt, are you referring to the Army or the Infantry or both?? A friend of mine was in the USAF in Nam and even years after leaving the place he still had nightmares about the his time out there. His best buddy was blown to bits standing next him. I guess that would give anyone nightmares. Not a very pleasant experience!! Thanks for the update Fastfeet and I hope the husband never catches you.
    Cheers MR

[QUOTE=Michael Ryan;1177045]Ah, Thats the difference, I was one of the strange people, not only a volunteer but also a lifer!!! I think that you stood in the right line, those Marines do some funny stuff and lost a lot of troops! When you say Grunt, are you referring to the Army or the Infantry or both?? A friend of mine was in the USAF in Nam and even years after leaving the place he still had nightmares about the his time out there. His best buddy was blown to bits standing next him. I guess that would give anyone nightmares. Not a very pleasant experience!! Thanks for the update Fastfeet and I hope the husband never catches you.
    Yes Michael, most American Army vets refer to themselves as "ground pounder,boonie rat,grunt,pileit, as in pile it here and pileit there " especially if you were in an infantry battalion, there were many other mos attached to infantry divisions. I am presently trying to get my govt. to give me a disability rating based on my Army experiences,we'll see how it goes. I have my next evaluation in two days.
    They make you wait for years, but when they were calling they wanted your ass immediately...................in my case I got my draft card and 4weeks later I was a "Pile it" Cheers
    Ramon

Probably the most unusual item of TR in my collection.

An alpine walking stick with various badges for the different regions the owner visited and one commemorative for the accession to power for AH.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"   "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Anon View Post
    Probably the most unusual item of TR in my collection.

An alpine walking stick with various badges for the different regions the owner visited and one commemorative for the accession to power for AH.
    That's cool. Where did you pick that up?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    That's cool. Where did you pick that up?
    An antique shop in my home town.

Regarding the earlier mention of items found in the trash, I used to own this SS M42 helmet which was recovered from a rubbish skip.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  
    Regards,

Jerry

MAP
    ?

Quote by Anon View Post
    An antique shop in my home town.

Regarding the earlier mention of items found in the trash, I used to own this SS M42 helmet which was recovered from a rubbish skip.
    Sweet!!! Oh to be able to own an SS, no less finding one in the garbage

Quote by MAP View Post
    Sweet!!! Oh to be able to own an SS, no less finding one in the garbage
    It was not found by me, it cost me £400 from an antique shop, again in my home town, though that was 10 years back.
    Regards,

Jerry

Hi Having worked along side Vulcan Bombers my hearing is shot to sh-t but the Government said the bombers were not to blame -- its your age!! Anyway, good luck for the evaluation Regards Michael

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast