Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Article about: Hi Ian, Thank you for your message and comments. Yes, I think that what you say about the bag is correct but I stand to be corrected if anyone knows better?? Have you got anything to show? I

Nice.
    I like the detail that goes into some of the miniatures.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    P
    Many

Hi, A slight change of direction. A photograph of General Haig prior to his promotion to Field Marshal accompanied by a Christmas greeting to the local railway Station Master for Christmas 1927. Apparently, the Station Master and the Field Marshal got on well. The photo was purchased through E Bay and the note was given to me by the Station Master's Grand Daughter Pat Wenlock, a lovely lady with whom I worked!!

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Hi Chopperman, Yes, so do I. Cheers Michael R

Hi Again, Back to WWII. This helmet was a recent aquisition from a local car boot sale. It is an M1940 shell with the remains of its liner. Although not a collector of "battle field relics", this helmet appealed to me as a representative specimen and I shall place with the other helmets in my collection. Opinions most welcome. I intend starting a separate thread on this helmet in order to seak advice. Cheers Michael R

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

MAP
    ?

Nice Michael. I'm starting to pick up relic helmets as well. Got a nice clean one with an in and out bullet hole in it and remains of the Wehrmacht eagle decal! My dealer friend is bring over a few more to tempt me with in the coming weeks. Problem is that I have no more room to display my helmets.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Relic is definitely the correct word for that helmet.
    I like it.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Hi Once Again, A bit of a directional change - to flags. I aquired this flag a couple of years back and I believe it to be a genuine Italian Car flag. It is on a white field, double sided with chain stitching in various coloured silks and measures 12 x 8 inches. I hope that you like it. Please feel free to pass comments and opinions!!
    Regards Michael R

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Hi Again, Although not a vexelologist ( you know I have been wanting to use that word for years and have finaly got the chance!!! Sad realy.) I do have a small collection of odd flags and pennants etc. and this Luftwaffe car flag came my way in a trade and I believe it to be original? The metal inner frame has been removed, probably for stowage. The obverse complises three coloured pannels, black over red over black sewn tpgether then embroidered over and the reverse is identical colours and construction with both eagles flying toward the hoist. The flag measures circa 15.5 x 9.5 inches. It is, I believe, a Flak unit flag but I do not know what rank(s) would fly it?? Once again, your comments and opinions are more than welcome. I hope you find it of interest.
    Cheers MR

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

The pomp and circumstance of the awarding of these medals is almost unbelievable. Nothing like that anymore....a bygone era. Referring to the trading cards and their pictures.

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Once Again, A bit of a directional change - to flags. I aquired this flag a couple of years back and I believe it to be a genuine Italian Car flag. It is on a white field, double sided with chain stitching in various coloured silks and measures 12 x 8 inches. I hope that you like it. Please feel free to pass comments and opinions!!
    Regards Michael R

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    Does not disappoint.....as it goes on an Italian staff car........any info. on the symbols ?

Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast