Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Article about: Hi Ian, Thank you for your message and comments. Yes, I think that what you say about the bag is correct but I stand to be corrected if anyone knows better?? Have you got anything to show? I

I've seen another Imperial flag with the plastic before.
    I have no clue about them but I do know there have been
    others posted.

About the toy Eks. I agree completely, They were never
    made to deceive anyone but some collectors and dealers
    don't take the time to learn the truth about they and think
    they have a rare original instead of a very cool and collectible
    "cereal box prize"
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    P
    Many

I can not argue with you Chopperman!!! Agreed MR

Originally shown on another thread, I thought that these two knives may be of interest on this thread too. They are both Bundes utility items, one a clap belt or pocket knife and the other a gravity knife. Both bear the Bunde Eagle property device on the grips. Hope that they are of interest.
    Regards Michael R

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

So this item my wife found while digging a garden bed in our front yard. It is all speculation, and it isn't really military, but we have a pretty good idea of where it came from.

The town we live in was a big WW2 army post town in Wisconsin, USA. We theorize that this was taken as a souvenir during that time, and then was lost when brought back. Again, it's just a theory, but I think it is a decent one.

It is a 1936 20 Lire piece. Not sure how you all feel about coins, but we like our bit of "buried treasure" that we found.

Hi Cadillac, An interesting item and theory!! May I suggest a second theory please? perhaps your town employed Italian POW's?? A POW is cutting the lawn and has a sit down in the sun and drops the coin. You could write a book of theories about your coin and I bet people would buy it. Coins as as good an historical item as anything else!! Most welcome and your support appreciated!!!!
    Cheers Michael Ryan

PS, I like Cadillacs but I would rather have a 1960's Chevy Impala on my drive.

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Cadillac, An interesting item and theory!! May I suggest a second theory please? perhaps your town employed Italian POW's?? A POW is cutting the lawn and has a sit down in the sun and drops the coin. You could write a book of theories about your coin and I bet people would buy it. Coins as as good an historical item as anything else!! Most welcome and your support appreciated!!!!
    Cheers Michael Ryan

PS, I like Cadillacs but I would rather have a 1960's Chevy Impala on my drive.
    Thanks! I don't think it would have been a POW camp just because of the fact it's in the middle of the US. We are trying to get ahold of the records to see who lived in our house around that time. Our town was definitely a WW2 military town which is why we theorized that. The coin is actually quite rare only having 10,000 minted that year. It is Silver, and I have had it checked for authenticity. It is just a fun piece for us to have as history of our house.

Also, I like Cadillacs, but the name for me actually comes from my last name. My last name is Chrysler, so naturally when I was in the military, they all started calling me Cadillac and it just sort of stuck haha. Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, Having also served in the Military (British), I fully understand the nick name. Whilst serving on 35 Vulcan Bomber Squadron I was chrsitened "No Tracker", The theory being that my legs were so short that I must wipe out my tracks with my backside when I walked around!! So perhaps Cadillac is'nt so bad????
    Chers once again Michael R

Hi, An interesting item that should be appreciated by some of our European members and those interested in the RAF of WWII.
    This Irvine flying jacket was worn by Robert (Bob Pinpoint) Norman Bateson when, as the CO of No613 Squadron (Mosies) RAF, he led the raides on three Gestapo HQ complexes. His nickname "Pinpoint" was give as it was reaconed that he could place a bomb through the front door of a target building. Among his other medals and awards, he earned the DSO and Bar, Order of the Bath and DFC. For his attack in the Hague on the Gestapo HQ he was decorated with the Dutch DFC personnaly presented by Prince Bernhard. For his attacks on similar Gestapo HQ's etc in Demark he was awarded the "Denmark Kingdom Order of the Dannenbrog. The Gestapo played down the raid in Copenhagen saying that there were few casualties as the staff were out attending a funeral. It was later discovered that 151 Gestapo personnel and staff were killed with numerous other casualties whilst 30 Danish patriots were able to escape. After the war he held several major appointments including Station Commander RAF Duxford and ADC to the Queen as well as ACAF (Assistant Chief of the Air Staff), AOC (Air Officer Commanding) 12 Group Fighter Command and SASO (Senior Air Staff Officer) Fighter Command.

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

I assume this fits with the ethos of this thread Michel. Hand made representation of the colours for the 2nd Bn of the Welch regiment.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi Jerry, It most certainly does. I have a Victorian version, similar to yours and I like them. Many years ago, I decided to collect silks like yours and picked up two or three then they all seemed to disapear from the market and I gave up, ploncker!! My favourite was almost identical to yours but for the Lincolnshire Regiment. In relative terms, they are now pretty expencive and take up a lot of wall space but very desireable none-the-less. Very nice item and thank you for showing it!!!!!
    Cheers Michael

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast