Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Article about: Hi Ian, Thank you for your message and comments. Yes, I think that what you say about the bag is correct but I stand to be corrected if anyone knows better?? Have you got anything to show? I

An unusual item, WWI flags of the early war allies made from melted plastic? on glass. Not seen another like it and it has a framers mark for a firm local to me. Not sure if mass produced or a homemade item.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"   "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    P
    Many

Hi Jerry, Like you, new to me. I would be interested to find out why the dates stop at 1916?? Berievemnt perhaps or loss of interest? Still a nice and unusual item. Keep em coming!!!
    Cheers MR

Hi all, Sticking with the last post, I hope that you will be interested in this silk. The flags are the White Ensign of the RN, The Red Ensign of the MN and the Blue Ensign for Goverment Fleet. The others are nationals. This silk is Victorian and probably dates to the South African wars. Missing from the life belt, is a photo almost certainly of a Royal Navy Seaman.

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Now, Off on a bit of a tangent but still around the turn of the 20th Century. This large metal and enameled sign is for recruits to His Majesty's Army. His Majesty being King Edward VII, Queen Victoria's Son who was crowned in 1902 and who was succeeded by his son King George V, Edward VIII, George VI and Elizabeth II. These signs were primary targets for kids with catapults and air rifles etc and it was usualy these weapons and their projectiles which caused the damage. None-the-less, an interesting wall piece in my opinion and one which graces my garage door!! Madam, the Martian will not let me put it up in the lounge!! Why not I wonder????
    Cheers Michael R

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

hi All, Another minor change in direction and on to Italian Uniforms. I find it supprising that given the number of allied troops engaged during the Second World War fighting against the Italians how few of their military items turn up as souveniers. For every one Italian uniform that I have come accross, I have seen probably several hundred German items?? This uniform came my way a long time back and it looks right to me but I am happy to be corrected. Your opinions and comments are, as always, invited as I know very little about Iti gear and this is an oddity to my collection.
    Cheers Michael R

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

MAP
    ?

Thats a nice one. Looking to add an Italian Tunic to my collection as well.

Appears to be Captain rank in the line infrantry. Great condition.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Great to see another! here's mine that comes from one Australia's first engagements of WW2 that came with my Aust 6th Div signals jacket mine's not as good as yours though

Hi Rene, A nice grouping and thank you for showing both uniform jackets. Whilst I like the Italian jacket, I find your ANZAC jacket more interesting. An Officer's jacket made for a Sergeant and ranked to a Major. Had his name been Smith I would have suspected that it had been played with but with a name like "Quilty", not a lot of Quiltys about!!!! I wonder if, as a Sergeant, he had been selected for a commission and had the uniform tailored? Ergo the tailor has used his current rank on the label and on commissioning he ranked it accordingly not having ranked it to Sergeant?? Another historical annomily. I love odd ball items that have a bit of unusual history to them. In any event our Mr Quilty did well to attain the rank of Major. Did he get any further? I have a Group Captain's uniform with an RAF LSGC medal ribbon which means that he had to have served at least 15 years, or possibly 18, in the Ranks and them made Group Captain subsequent to commissioning. What you may call a late starter? Some going though!!

Thank you once again and happy hunting. Regards Michael R

- - ------- - -

Thank for your comments Michael, Regards Michael R

MAP
    ?

Default Stylin' threads!

Here's an "Odd" one. Thought you would find this interesting. Found this magazine at our family vacation house. Who knows how long it was sitting there.

Some "stylin" threads here!! I've included one of the pages with the knitting instructions if your interested in making one for yourself! My favorite is the knit helmet liner!

Michael

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Mike, I reckon the silk in post 423 is WW1 in date and Chinese made. Reason being, I have a similar one, but Army.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast