MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Article about: Hi Ian, Thank you for your message and comments. Yes, I think that what you say about the bag is correct but I stand to be corrected if anyone knows better?? Have you got anything to show? I

Hi Odal, First, thank you for showing us all your box. Like the majority of collectors, I have seen and/or handled hundreds of swords, daggers flags, caps, uniforms etc etc etc but I for one have seen nothing like it before but now, thanks to you, we the viewers now know what it is, what it looks like and who made it etc. Realy good information concerning an obscure item both for the collectors and accademics out here!! Thank you once again and please show us all some more of your more obscure collectables!!
    Cheers MR

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    P
    Many

Hi James, Glad that you like it!!! Pop around and you can give it a blow any time you like.
    Cheers MR

Hi All, A few more obscure items from the Ryan box of golden oldies. I am not too proud to show off my junk/treasure, why not join in, show us all your bits. As an education for the rest of us????
    Cheers MR

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

The selection includes:

A Bag!!
    A black triangular arm sling and packet.
    A weapon ammunition magazine.
    And a round sealed tin with contents.

Obscure but I hope of interest.

?

some other stuff:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"   "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Odal, Another unusual item to view!!! Great!! Is it a wall plaque and what sort of size is it? Even from behing uncle Adolf looks like uncle Adolf. I was trying to read the reverse but my German is almost as good as my Martian. Ergo pretty poor. What is it saying? Again, something that I have never come accross before.

Thank you for joining in and showing us all your treasures!! Regards and best wishes Michael

Hi All once again, some more obsure collectables which I hope will be of interest to you.

Cheers MR

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

These items are:

A cigarete case with what appears to be a view od Koln Cathederal? Possibly pre War or even post War? What do you think??
    Another round tin with contents?
    What I believe to be a minefield pennant pouch with skull insignia on the flap and manufacturer's details under the flap.

Your comments and or opinion are welcomed!! Cheers MR

?

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi All, A few more obscure items from the Ryan box of golden oldies. I am not too proud to show off my junk/treasure, why not join in, show us all your bits. As an education for the rest of us????
    Cheers MR

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Hi Michael.

Nice selection of "obscurities" there mate.
    Dont know about anything else, but the "bag" looks like a Gasseplanne (?spelling) (Gas cape/sheet) bag, that is often seen, in early/pre-war photo's, slung on the gasmask strap across the chest front and sometimes strapped to the actual gasmask canister, but I am also assuming that you already knew that!

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy
    Last edited by jimpy; 02-24-2014 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Addition

?

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Hi Odal, Another unusual item to view!!! Great!! Is it a wall plaque and what sort of size is it? Even from behing uncle Adolf looks like uncle Adolf. I was trying to read the reverse but my German is almost as good as my Martian. Ergo pretty poor. What is it saying? Again, something that I have never come accross before.

Thank you for joining in and showing us all your treasures!! Regards and best wishes Michael
    Thanks Michael!
    Yes, early and rather rare plaque from the "Kampfzeit". Its nearly 20 cm in diameter. On the front it says: "Kapitulieren - Niemals" (capitualtion - never).
    Backsite "Karl Krause - Leipzig - Eisengießerei" (Karl Krause (name) - Leipzig (city) - Eisengießerei (company for casting iron).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast