Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Article about: Hi Ian, Thank you for your message and comments. Yes, I think that what you say about the bag is correct but I stand to be corrected if anyone knows better?? Have you got anything to show? I

Default "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

Hi All, I was thinking the other day about odd bits in my collection which can not realy be defined in any meaningful generic term. We, or most of us collect in specific fields to which we can apply a generic title. Ergo Swords, Daggers, Bayonets, Fighting Knives, Flags, Combat Equipment, Uniforms, Insignia, Caps and Helmets etc. However we probably all have odd items of interest which can be appreciated by fellow collectors but do not fit under a generic title. So, I have decided to try a new thread dedicated to ODDS and ENDS and as a start have selected a couple odds which may be of interest to some of you. If you agree, please post some of your more obscure item to view?? Hope some of you agree??

Cheers and best wishes Michael R

"Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera""Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"

The bottle was traded from a fellow collector with no interest in odds and ends. The horn was purchased from a local auction at a very modest price. The etching has been attacked and the green lanyard is not contemporary. The etching may be post war but I doubt it. What do you think??
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-11-2014 at 11:02 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"
    P
    Many

?

Hmm.

The SS beer bottle again. I have a feeling you might get bad news on this one. I believe these are old bottles which have been 'enhanced' for a sale. There are several here on the forum. There is no reason to mark beer bottles with SS runes/markings............

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Sorry the beer bottle is indeed bad. These were done in Poland some years ago now.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Aidrian x2, Thank you for your swift responses to this thread. I feel a bit of a dick head now but am glad that I put the bottle on the forum. At least I now know that this particular odd is indeed odd!!
    Cheers oncwe again Michael R

besides that its empty.lol

Hi Harryamb, Yep!! Wrong,crap and empty, not a lot going for it?? There must be something in my scabby collection that is right. Says he hopefully!! Now, where are everyone else's odds and ends??
    Cheers Michael R

Collectors need to understand that not everything used by the SS would have SS markings. What is next? SS RZM toilet paper?? We have seen lately a lot of old watches refigured with 3rd Reich markings. Odds and ends with SS markings must always be looked at with a skeptical eye.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I'm still waiting for the SS Gummi Schutz....I can see the lil tins now, with their runes embossed on their lids....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Bob and Wagriff, Point taken!!! As a mater of interest, I have some bars of soap and toilet paper from my RAF days and both are marked "Goverment Property" so you never know we may just see some original SS bog rolls one day LOL!!! Anyway, thank you for your messages!!
    With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael R

An unusual item from my collection is this tool/key-tag from the airbase Fl.H.Kdtr Kolberg/Werft (Fliegerhorstkommandantur Kolberg)...
    This is the little town in Pommerania that inspired the Goebbels Propaganda-film "Kolberg" as you may already know...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"   "Axis and Allied Militaria Odds Ends and Ephemera"  

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast