Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

From the Battle of Koniggratz 1866

Article about: Heya guys just wanted to show my newist peace for today, This is a Bandolier from the battle of Koniggratz in the 3rd of july 1866 still with one wooding charger in it made from bamboo i bel

?

Default From the Battle of Koniggratz 1866

Heya guys just wanted to show my newist peace for today, This is a Bandolier from the battle of Koniggratz in the 3rd of july 1866 still with one wooding charger in it made from bamboo i belive, I hope u like it as much as i do cheers thanks for looking
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture From the Battle of Koniggratz 1866   From the Battle of Koniggratz 1866  

From the Battle of Koniggratz 1866  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement From the Battle of Koniggratz 1866
    P
    Many

HVK
    ?

Default Re: From the Battle of Koniggratz 1866

What is the stick ? Is it a sort of improvised grenade ? Please enligthen me... :-)

?

Quote by HVK View Post
    What is the stick ? Is it a sort of improvised grenade ? Please enligthen me... :-)
    haye its a wooden charge holder its made from bamboo very light with a carved shape top witch has some form of dubbin to keep it coverd I belive this is were thay caryed the charges for his musket but iam not 100% shoure if it was a riflemans i also thought that it might be an artillery gunners charges for setting of his cannons but iam no expert i would of thought the artillery gunners charges would be alot bigger.

If any one can enlighten more on this that would be cool

alfrie, i take it this item is Austrian as the Prussian army were using breech loading needle pin rifles, and as such did not need to carry charge holders. Can you take better photos, i would like to see more, super item and rare as combat equipment for this period is difficult to obtain.

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    alfrie, i take it this item is Austrian as the Prussian army were using breech loading needle pin rifles, and as such did not need to carry charge holders. Can you take better photos, i would like to see more, super item and rare as combat equipment for this period is difficult to obtain.
    Haye oradour

I belive so mate it was a ex musium iteam and there other iteams that were listed with it were all bits from the Austrian side, I will have a better crack at the pics for you and get them up asap for you mate i might as my frend to come down with his slr cam and get some good shots.

?

Here are some better pics there not great though my cam is crap ill try geting my mates for better pics so i can get close ups
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture From the Battle of Koniggratz 1866   From the Battle of Koniggratz 1866  

From the Battle of Koniggratz 1866   From the Battle of Koniggratz 1866  

alfrie, thats better, thanks. Do you have any other items from this period ?,,,

?

cheers mate afraid not like this, I have only just started collectine so i dont have much stuff. The only 2 things close witch i have are a musket ball from from waterloo and a martini-henry .577/450 bullet head I hope to find some nice bits at Leeds fair on the 21st of feb. Do you have any items from around this time or crimea thats one of my big interests as my regaments main battle honor is the battle of alma.

Alfrie, afraid not, my interests/collection is Imperial German Army, 1870-1918, i have a Koniggratz medal and thats it prior to 1870.