Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The beginning of my collection

Article about: Ive been busy. Picked up a bunch of WWII uniforms, helmets, etc. The display is quickly becoming a room.

Default The beginning of my collection

Ive been picking up WW2 things here and there for the last several years. Just recently put it in high gear after finding some great stuff at garage sales and estate sales. I dont have the cash to buy any high ticket items, but i do all right. The exception being a repro M1 Paratrooper helmet by J Murray bought for me as a gift.

A couple of highlights: 1943 Navy life preserver, 3 M1 helmets in various conditions (one front seam painted dark blue, front seam fixed bale painted green, and an original with liner and net) , a footlocker i believe is WWII, a mussette bag, a very large bag which i have no idea what it held, some boots from the Korean War, couple of First Cavarly patches, nazi belt buckles. If anyone knows what the emblem on the footlocker means, or the era, please let me know! There is a name stenciled on the front, "Wally Kotlowske", Detroit, Mi. My investigations have hit a dead end.

One of the coolest things i have is a copy of a magazine called "Male" from Aug/1956. There is photo inside that my grandpa is in. I always heard of a supposed magazine that he was pictured in, but never knew what it was until i found a torn copy of the single page in grandmas attic a couple years ago. After some heavy research, i figured it out and have been able to find 3 of them in the last 3 years.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The beginning of my collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: The beginning of my collection

You have some great items there Jaybone, keep it going

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

NICE ! i like the navy life preserver !

Nice start! You already have a collection though. It's officially a collection when you have two items.

I think N.A.S. Pearl Harbor stands for Naval Station Pearl Harbor.

Quote by banksy View Post
    NICE ! i like the navy life preserver !
    Thanks, i found it a couple weeks ago at a garage sale. I was checking out an old coat hanging up i thought could be WW2, it turned out not to be. I was on the way out and saw the khaki color fabric wedged against the wall in the corner. Guy said i could take it for $1 ... didnt take me very long to decide.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Nice start! You already have a collection though. It's officially a collection when you have two items.

I think N.A.S. Pearl Harbor stands for Naval Station Pearl Harbor.
    Thanks, im hoping its WW2 era. From what i have compared it to online, their is a good chance. Had old leather handles also.

Very unique collection, Naval Air Station Pearl Harbor is still going strong, I have a few Navy buddies who were stationed there, It's also really easy to get orders there.

?

One dollar ! Wow what a bargain ! I'll double you money for it ? lol

very nice collection so far

Ive added quite a bit to the collection in the last month or so. I am trying to keep it strictly to things from local vets. So far, so good. Ive been tracking some of my acquisitions here, Estate Sale finds

By far the best find, and probably the find of a lifetime was a named, M1, fixed bale helmet with Hawley liner.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast