Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

British & commonwealth tunic collection

Article about: by kozowy1967 Some very nice Battle dress and tunics Jerry How many more common wealth countries produced these during the war years I see you yet need to add one from CANADA as well as US.

Default Re: British & commonwealth tunic collection

fantastic collection!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement British & commonwealth tunic collection
    P
    Many

A few additions over the last few months.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & commonwealth tunic collection   British & commonwealth tunic collection  

British & commonwealth tunic collection   British & commonwealth tunic collection  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Nice additions Jerry I like the Welch Regiment 49 patt BD what is the significance of the three tone bar sewn on the right epaulette I have only seen these before in a slip on but never in that color variation ?

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Nice additions Jerry I like the Welch Regiment 49 patt BD what is the significance of the three tone bar sewn on the right epaulette I have only seen these before in a slip on but never in that color variation ?

Regards Mark K
    Hi Mark, thanks, it is a favorite even if post war. I also have the trousers that go with it.

The Green, red and white flash is the national colours of Wales and was awarded to the 6th Battalion of the regiment as an honour for service in WWI and matches the colours on the lanyard.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Thanks for the quick reply Jerry would this be worn in conjunction with the lanyard or were these produced to replace the lanyard.

Regards Mark K

Lanyards are an area into which little research has been done and their precise usage and who gets to wear them is little understood as far as I understand them. Certainly in this case he had both, though again why he has the flash is also little understood as the 6th battalion was no longer in existence in the post war period, though I have seen an OR's example of a similar date with the flash but no lanyard. More research is needed and if I ever find an answer I will post it.
    Last edited by Jerry B; 08-12-2013 at 07:04 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Adding this Royal Navy reserve Commanders tunic and I have the trousers and his cap badge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & commonwealth tunic collection   British & commonwealth tunic collection  

British & commonwealth tunic collection   British & commonwealth tunic collection  

Regards,

Jerry

?

Superb thread Jerry! I enjoy your threads and the way you show your artifacts within them. My compliments!

I must say, the photos dont do them justice! After seeing the display, both myself and James were both blown away! fantastic!

The latest addition, which needs better photo's taken after it has been pressed, a pre WWII patrol jacket to a named officer, Major GP Burrell of the 1/4th Battalion TF Hampshire regiment who was mentioned in Dispatches and was awarded the Military Cross during WWI.

4th Hampshire Battalion named MC winning officers patrol jacket
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British & commonwealth tunic collection  
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast