Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

British DPM Camouflage

Article about: G'day All, Figured to start this one, in my opinion it is one of the best ever camo patterns devised! S95, 85 & 68 patt (worse for wear correct me if I'm wrong) displayed

Found this well worn rip stop S95 at the local disposals, couldn't resist to not take it home!
    Shame it's missing the right side Desert Rats insignia!could it be a unit change? also looks like more than one patch was sewn there. The existing Desert Rats insignia has been hand sewn.
    I haven't seen patched ones here before!
    Last edited by reneblacky; 12-15-2017 at 06:21 AM. Reason: added pic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement British DPM Camouflage
    P
    Many

I've got a fair bit of this stuff...."Gardening coat"...."boot of car Jacket"...."garage trousers"..."tree trimming jacket" ..."decorating trousers"...then "SPARE Gardening coat"...SPARE boot of car etc etc etc".....but I can't say as I've ever REALLY looked at it...and I'm still struggling to make out the various patterns, comparing paint / oil-stained cloth to Camopedia!....is it all just about the proliferation of dots? A lot of the talk seems to overlay clothing style changes ('95 pattern etc) and I can't figure out if the clothing STYLE change coincided with PATTERN change.....

'struggling here! (and yes, I know it's our own pattern!!!!)

Camo pattern details did not always change with the clothing cut pattern changes, as in so many cases, old stocks of fabric would be used until gone whilst new uniforms would be issued with both old and new pattern fabrics. Also, as you state, the minor variations between 68 pattern fabric and some seen on 84 pattern uniforms for instance are hard to exactly determine which is which. Shades of colour are in some ways more indicative of camo patterns than shape or number of dots, paler shades tend to be early, whilst darker stronger shades are later, I think.....but I am no expert and the minor variations are beyond me and I am trying to stick to clearly labelled examples with dates etc.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I loved the old DPM camo gear. It seems that the quality took a down turn with the Soldier 95 'Ripstop' and has hit an all time low with the current MTP. Made in China, by the way. What is our Country coming to when we have to kit our troops out in Chinese made gear?

Regards

Martin

'Interesting point.......we could always attack....wearing our US helmets, Chinese uniforms, US jets, Spanish APCs, US wheeled kit.........

..at least our tanks are ours.....all 12 of 'em! :-)

Quote by Composite View Post
    I've got a fair bit of this stuff...."Gardening coat"...."boot of car Jacket"...."garage trousers"..."tree trimming jacket" ..."decorating trousers"...then "SPARE Gardening coat"...SPARE boot of car etc etc etc".....but I can't say as I've ever REALLY looked at it...and I'm still struggling to make out the various patterns, comparing paint / oil-stained cloth to Camopedia!....is it all just about the proliferation of dots? A lot of the talk seems to overlay clothing style changes ('95 pattern etc) and I can't figure out if the clothing STYLE change coincided with PATTERN change.....

'struggling here! (and yes, I know it's our own pattern!!!!)
    This shot does show two variations in the pattern on the same item, right is the later 68, left the earlier print. I'm still learning about this too hey, so I stand to be corrected. Early have a harder green border around the grass green part of the pattern and is a more paler green too, from observation.
    Give us a look at what you have?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    The cockatiel has forgotten to put on its dpm!

Ironically there is so much of this stuff about you can't give it away!
    Throw some my way!

...bearing in mind this stuff is sometimes on the "everything £2" pile at the big Summer UK fairs (and that I recently tore up a perfectly good jacket for rags) I thought I'd check out postage rate to Oz....Royal Mail only.....it ranges from £8.59 (depending on parcel size) to £69.55...presumably for the latter it gets hand delivered by half naked gold plated virgins being carried by near extinct doves....and the former it just gets tossed off Southend Pier with a prayer!

Quote by Composite View Post
    ...bearing in mind this stuff is sometimes on the "everything £2" pile at the big Summer UK fairs (and that I recently tore up a perfectly good jacket for rags) I thought I'd check out postage rate to Oz....Royal Mail only.....it ranges from £8.59 (depending on parcel size) to £69.55...presumably for the latter it gets hand delivered by half naked gold plated virgins being carried by near extinct doves....and the former it just gets tossed off Southend Pier with a prayer!
    Shame as I wouldn't ever tear up any Aust kit Chinese mfg or not! best on postage has been £10 to here trousers.

Mate, if OZ-cam...especially the Navy pattern is as common and cheap over there as DPM is over here I'm on my way!!

I went into a camo shop in Salamanca in Spain last month hoping to pick up some cheap Spanish Arid camo...the place was full of Brit DPM and (Chinese Brit?) MTP

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast