Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

British Operation Granby Display

Article about: Hi Fellow Collectors, I thought you might like to see my Operation Granby ( Desert Storm) display. There was a real mix and match combination of uniforms worn in 1991 during this conflict as

?

Default British Operation Granby Display

Hi Fellow Collectors, I thought you might like to see my Operation Granby ( Desert Storm) display. There was a real mix and match combination of uniforms worn in 1991 during this conflict as can be seen from my contribution here, I hope you enjoy my little homage to this conflict, feel free to comment or query, Regards Opex.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement British Operation Granby Display
    P
    Many

Glad to see you got the correct desert pattern trousers, some people don't realise the cargo pockets and buttons were changed in the mid 80s and i think a thinner inferior cloth was used!...Great display!..

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Glad to see you got the correct desert pattern trousers, some people don't realise the cargo pockets and buttons were changed in the mid 80s and i think a thinner inferior cloth was used!...Great display!..
    Thanks for looking Gunny, I have many uniforms from this conflict I will post them here over time, the Desert pattern DPM shown here is the "sparse" pattern which was first issued for Op Granby, and I have also provided a picture of the later "rust and sand" pattern for comparison , thanks again Mate much appreciated

Aaah, i didn't notice the pattern at first but the "sparse" pattern is quite different, looks kind of similar to this Czech pattern!..kamouflage.net — 2-colour desert camouflage pattern

?

Opex a nice little collection, I had a few friends who were this in War/conflict..they had all sorts of stuff..some desert & temp DPM..some chaps even wore combat high boots..talk about catching the MOD off it's guard....Thanks for showing.. Cheers Terry.

Was it these early desert boots that fell apart in the heat?...

?

Paul I know the old boots weren't much good..I used to wear U.S boots..I know now the new boots like Meindal & Lowe are a lot better but in my eyes still too heavy/hot..Here is a selection of desert boots..I'm on the left wearing US boots,The chap in the middle is sporting Meindals & the right hand man is wearing Hi-Tec boots..This was in 2008..Cheers Terry. British Operation Granby Display

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Aaah, i didn't notice the pattern at first but the "sparse" pattern is quite different, looks kind of similar to this Czech pattern!..kamouflage.net — 2-colour desert camouflage pattern

No worries Gunny, and yes the Czech pattern is very similar to the MoD issue DDPM, that's a good looking site too thanks for that

Quote by Tango View Post
    Paul I know the old boots weren't much good..I used to wear U.S boots..I know now the new boots like Meindal & Lowe are a lot better but in my eyes still too heavy/hot..Here is a selection of desert boots..I'm on the left wearing US boots,The chap in the middle is sporting Meindals & the right hand man is wearing Hi-Tec boots..This was in 2008..Cheers Terry. British Operation Granby Display
    Cheers for the info mate, i don't think those Hi-Tec boots were great either, i bought a brand new pair of the desert boots a couple of years ago and after about 3 months of light use the soles started to fall off!..

?

Quote by Tango View Post
    Opex a nice little collection, I had a few friends who were this in War/conflict..they had all sorts of stuff..some desert & temp DPM..some chaps even wore combat high boots..talk about catching the MOD off it's guard....Thanks for showing.. Cheers Terry.

Thanks for looking and for your comments /input Terry ,very much appreciated. I bought a large lot of clothing and equipment many years ago from a guy who served in the Gulf, the lot contained 85 Pattern DPM, Junglies all sorts, the MoD certainely were not prepared for the conflict, I was amazed when I discovered that the DDPM had to be quickly designed and issued , as they had already sold a DPM pattern to the Iraqi's!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast