Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

The Canadian War Room

Article about: I figured you'd be a Caps fan being from Maryland, (whats up with your team this year??) I am an Oiler fan. My wife just used our points to fly to California to visit my dad for his 70th bir

?

Default Re: The Canadian War Room

I figured you'd be a Caps fan being from Maryland, (whats up with your team this year??) I am an Oiler fan. My wife just used our points to fly to California to visit my dad for his 70th birthday so your out of luck their my friend lol!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Canadian War Room
    P
    Many

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I always wanted to go to Canada. I'll put ya on the "To See and Do" list. You're tied for First Place with grabbing myself a RCMP campaign hat and seeing a Moose.

PS: I'll drink whatever you provide, sir. It's your castle.
    Seeing Doug's collection is one of my (Bucket List Items ) as well right near the top

Regards Mark K

Quote by DougB View Post
    I figured you'd be a Caps fan being from Maryland, (whats up with your team this year??) I am an Oiler fan. My wife just used our points to fly to California to visit my dad for his 70th birthday so your out of luck their my friend lol!
    I don't know what their deal is this year. Too much time off maybe. As for the Ravens, I hope they pull off a win against the Niners. I'm a Steelers fan but I can't root for a West Coast team. It has been pretty exciting here in Baltimore these past two weeks. However, they have worn out this Ray Lewis retirement thing. I'm ok with celebrating his career (career mind you, not personal life) but my God they need to give it a rest. No worries, I have some points saved up with some airline I probably haven't flown on in 15 years. Probably enough to get me a seat in the cargo hold.

?

Your welcome anytime Mark! And your a lot closer than Maryland LOL.

To everyone who took the time to Like or post a comment, thanks for stopping by and having a virtual look. What I love best about war rooms is that musty sort of smell. My kids when they were younger used to say Dad what is that smell, and I tell them; "History".

Now that they are growing up my eldest who lives in Belgium has visited all sorts of battlefields and museums all over Europe, my second son is traveling in the Philippines and was invited to see a large collection of Pacific War items and visited a museum at Leyte Gulf. My youngest son whose 17 has his own collection he started and my daughter whose 15 helps me setup my war rooms and gives me display ideas, using her gift for interior decorating LOL. My wife even shows her friends but she says I have no idea what they all are...lol. So it's turning into a family affair.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing your new German lid Doug, any chance of a cryptic clue?
    The helmet landed today Andy. I am stoked, this one flew more or less under the radar and I did not think I would land it. More of a clue, its an ET64 WW1 camo, with something VERY special about it. This one is going on the top shelf. I hope to have the time to take pics of it tonight. Ralph you will now have to free up your Saturday afternoon!

?

Some wonderful Airborne pieces Doug i'm very envious !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Where is Dimas? I need my "falling over" icon before I see these pics!!! I didn't even know you had one on the way, Doug. Top shelf you say, This one is gonna be a doozy.

?

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Some wonderful Airborne pieces Doug i'm very envious !!
    Thanks Paul, I think you will then appreciate my insignia display when I shoot it with the cabinet.

?

Outstanding collection lad.
    The First Special Service Forces pieces are to die for. All of your items are very nice.
    Great photography by the way.

Hi

My vocabulary fails me....

Cameron
    Last edited by Cameron Stockton; 02-04-2013 at 11:02 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast