Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

The Canadian War Room

Article about: I figured you'd be a Caps fan being from Maryland, (whats up with your team this year??) I am an Oiler fan. My wife just used our points to fly to California to visit my dad for his 70th bir

?

Default The Canadian War Room

This past summer I embarked on a new collecting field, that of Canadian items thanks in large part to a massive collection that was being broken up in Calgary, one of the top Canadian collections in the world. While I have too much to fit into this limited space and some is in my "German" War Room still, the bulk of it is on display here, mainly uniforms, weaponry and kit. This is not it's permanent home, I have a larger room to put this all in once all the kids are out of the house, and consolidate my Canadian and Allied items into 1 room, but it will have to do for now.

My badge and patch collection consists of nearly 40 medium to large cases of insignia which will be housed in a custom built cabinet being made for me so they are not present in these photos. Many of the tunics are named and a few are researched. Some of the most notable items in my collection are the 7 uniform grouping to Lt. Col. Beckett Silver Star and Commander of the 3rd Regiment, FSSF, the uniform grouping of Sgt Charles Mann FSSF, the tailored BD and service dress and headgear of the Commander of the Engineers 3rd Div Lt Col Cassidy who landed on D-Day Juno Beach, 1st Can Para and author Dan Hartigan's jump smock, a very rare officers helmet cover to the 2nd Infantry Works Coy CEF, a complete set of uber rare P16 web gear, a folding bike broadarrow marked with original BSA seat, PIAT, Lifebuoy Flamethrower, handheld mine detector, named DDay assault vest and lifejacket, not 1 but 2 CEF tunics to the 1st Motor Machine Gun Brigade, the 1st Tank Battalion tunic, cap and dogtags named to Scully, and many more items some of which are published.

Thanks to RoyA and Tony for their assistance and contributions and to Ivan for his inspiration of the headgear rack! I finally finished this part of the room yesterday afternoon and wanted to share it so I took some quick photos, will do individual threads as time permits.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Canadian War Room
    P
    Many

Default Re: The Canadian War Room

I lack words to describe what i felt when i opened the thread.
    What an amazing collection Doug.

Cheers
    Nuno

Exceptional display room Doug!
    Can't wait to see it in person.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

That's a most impressive collection!! Really like the way it's displayed.

Tom

Already seen this but so good that I have to comment again, an absolutely amazing collection Doug
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Great stuff Doug! All top quality and condition pieces, I particularly like your PIAT. Is the OG sleeveless smock in the last pic some kind of rare paratrooper kit? I've never seen that before anywhere.

As a Canadian That room makes me Proud

Some very nice stuff there.
    love the field gear items.
    The Canadians do not get a lot of credits for what they did ww2 .
    Normandy is one of them.
    chris

Superb Doug - and an excellent use of limited space.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Jeezus Christ !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast