Good going Glenn excellent display's..I like the attitude!! "like this 1"...Thanks for keep your eyes peeled for the Memel Medal if you see any I'm your man... Cheers Terry.
And now we move onto my second civil award display. I guess my definition of what classes as 'civil' is a bit loose as the RAD were more of a pre or para-military organisation and West Wall medals I believe were awarded to both military and civilian workers on that project. Certainly the Mutterkreutzen class as civil at least!
From left to right and top down we have:
- Medaille zum Ehrenzeichen des Deutschen Roten Kreuzes - Medal to the German Red Cross Decoration
- Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen - West Wall Medal
- Reichsfeuerwehr-ehrenzeichen 2.Stufe - Firebrigade Honor Award 2nd Class
- Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst 4 und 12 Jahre - Long Service Award of the RAD 4 & 12 Years
- Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Dritte, Erste und Zweite Stufe - Mother's Cross 3rd, 1st & 2nd Class
As always, closeups are available on request!
Excellent display Glenn loose or not!!!..lol Cheers Terry.
Glenn, as always a amazing display and set of medals. Keep of the wonderful work!
I'd also love to see close ups of your Medaille zum Ehrenzeichen des Deutschen Roten Kreuzes. Question; why don't you have that one next to your Social Welfare award(Medaille zum Ehrenzeichen für Deutsche Volkspflege)? Seems like those two would be better off together IMO.
I'll try to get a closeup of the Red Cross medal over the next few days, as you say it might look better next to the Social Welfare award but with the time it takes to set these displays up I can't see myself making the bother, good suggestion though!
Nice looking display and medals. timothy