Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Civil award display

Article about: I've been playing around with some of my civil award collection and have just re-arranged some of the pieces into a display frame. I think with framing awards it is easy to stuff everything

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Like this one?

Attachment 627867
    Just like that one !!

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Good going Glenn excellent display's..I like the attitude!! "like this 1"...Thanks for keep your eyes peeled for the Memel Medal if you see any I'm your man... Cheers Terry.

And now we move onto my second civil award display. I guess my definition of what classes as 'civil' is a bit loose as the RAD were more of a pre or para-military organisation and West Wall medals I believe were awarded to both military and civilian workers on that project. Certainly the Mutterkreutzen class as civil at least!

From left to right and top down we have:

• Medaille zum Ehrenzeichen des Deutschen Roten Kreuzes - Medal to the German Red Cross Decoration
    • Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen - West Wall Medal
    • Reichsfeuerwehr-ehrenzeichen 2.Stufe - Firebrigade Honor Award 2nd Class
    • Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst 4 und 12 Jahre - Long Service Award of the RAD 4 & 12 Years
    • Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Dritte, Erste und Zweite Stufe - Mother's Cross 3rd, 1st & 2nd Class

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Civil Awards 2.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	313.6 KB 
ID:	630509

As always, closeups are available on request!

Please enjoy!

Excellent display Glenn loose or not!!! Cheers Terry.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Great photos, Glenn!...I particularly like the framed NSDAP grouping, it's very much in line with my current project of creating small groupings of related material in my curio-cabinet display...At the moment I'm working on DRK, Stalingrad-related items, and Veteran/Stahlhelm items...I use paper items (newspapers, feldpost, etc) as backdrops as well...
    Well done and continued good luck in your endeavor!
    cheers, Glenn
    I'd love to see how you're using your paper items as a back-drop! Personally I've found it difficult to display my paper items and considering I'm about to embark on setting up my new war room any suggestion would help!
    Glenn, as always a amazing display and set of medals. Keep of the wonderful work!
    I'd also love to see close ups of your Medaille zum Ehrenzeichen des Deutschen Roten Kreuzes. Question; why don't you have that one next to your Social Welfare award(Medaille zum Ehrenzeichen für Deutsche Volkspflege)? Seems like those two would be better off together IMO.

I'll try to get a closeup of the Red Cross medal over the next few days, as you say it might look better next to the Social Welfare award but with the time it takes to set these displays up I can't see myself making the bother, good suggestion though!

Nice looking display and medals. timothy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123