Civil award display
I've been playing around with some of my civil award collection and have just re-arranged some of the pieces into a display frame. I think with framing awards it is easy to stuff everything you can fit into one frame and lose the impact. I prefer the 'less is more' principle.
Hence I hope you enjoy these images. From left to right we have:
- Medaille zum Ehrenzeichen für Deutsche Volkspflege - Medal to the German Social Welfare Decoration
- Olympia Erinnerungsmedaille - Commemorative Medal for the Olympic Games
- Deutsche Adlerorden fünfter Klasse - German Order of the Eagle fifth Class
- Luftschutz-Ehrenzeichen 2. Stufe - Air Warden Honor Award 2nd Class
- Treue Dienst Ehrenzeichen, 25, 50 & 40 Jahre - Faithful Service Award, 25, 50 & 40 years
As time permits, I plan to frame the rest of my civil awards and add to this thread as well as add closeups of any of these awards that members request.
01-11-2014 01:33 PM
Glenn looking good there in the frame.. I hope you have stashed the boxes away safely!!!!. Cheers Terry.
It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.
I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...
Very nice Glenn!
I like your "less is more" theory but, sooner or later, when you start to run out of room, and your walls are almost covered, you have to utilize all of the space you have.
Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)
Got to agree with you there Glenn an excellent looking award.. & your photos are top dollar too....Cheers Terry.
v/nice medals a v/good pics.
Hello Glenn..The more I look at these awards the more I want 1 lol... May I ask were did you buy the German Order of the Eagle fifth Class from??..PM me if it tippy top secret..i was just wondering how much & so on???. Thank you for your time.. Cheers Terry.