Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The collection of 1st LT Wm. Frank Lambeth

Article about: I am in the process of buying a decent WWII collection from the daughter of Lt. Lambeth. Lambeth was squad leader and XO of A Company, 81st Chemical Mortar Battalion. Lambeth was a D-Day rep

Default Re: The collection of 1st LT Wm. Frank Lambeth

i was looking at all your photos and my mouth could not close and stop saying ah my godddddddddd so lucky ! very nice collection
    Frenchy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: The collection of 1st LT Wm. Frank Lambeth

Here are pictures of two of the three German battle flags that came with this collection. The third one is not going to photograph well because it is just so large. I think it is about 15' by 8'. The other two did alright. The second flag is really neat cause it is obvious it has seen some action. There are two sections that are missing, probably from souvenir hunting, and there are a number of replaced sections as well as repaired and not repaired bullet holes. Notice for example the repaired bullet hole in the white background of the swastika. All three flags are KM marked with the eagle swastika M but I feel sure these were just used as battle flags. The one is obviously torn up. The biggest one, not pictured, has burn marks where there are small holes and scorch marks (was the building on fire when it was removed?). It is only the small flag that is not damaged in some way.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0882.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	234.6 KB 
ID:	47908   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0883.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	187.2 KB 
ID:	47909  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0884.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	244.0 KB 
ID:	47910   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0891.jpg 
Size:	237.8 KB 
ID:	47911  

Name:	DSCN0892.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	202.1 KB 
ID:	47912   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0894.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	213.7 KB 
ID:	47913  

Name:	DSCN0896.jpg 
Size:	267.2 KB 
ID:	47914  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12