Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

The collection of an almost thirteen old.

Article about: The luft is a german post war made knife made out of real luft parts. The factories kept on making them and sold them. My great grandfather bought this for 50 dollars german.

Default Re: The collection of an almost thirteen old.

Quote by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
    He served in World War Two, and died right after the war. I have no Idea how he got the flag. But yeah, I could get better pictures. The air medal is dated 43'. The flag is 10 3/4 in on the base, and 8 in on the height.
    yeah i was wrong about the air medal! The label looked post war from the first photos. The font is different on the later boxes. It is thinner but that could also just be the different makers using different boxes i'm not sure. I have a 1950 dated box I'll try and take a picture of it. Really nice flag..Did anyone else fight in Vietnam that was in your family? South Vietnam didn't exist during the time you said he served so it wasn't his but it is original and in great shape!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: The collection of an almost thirteen old.

Quote by soalebm View Post
    yeah i was wrong about the air medal! The label looked post war from the first photos. The font is different on the later boxes. It is thinner but that could also just be the different makers using different boxes i'm not sure. I have a 1950 dated box I'll try and take a picture of it. Really nice flag..Did anyone else fight in Vietnam that was in your family? South Vietnam didn't exist during the time you said he served so it wasn't his but it is original and in great shape!!!
    Thanks. I don't know. I'll have to ask my Grandparents. I have no clue of how he got it. My Grandparents were moving to a senoir living, and they were cleaning out their attic. They said his stuff hadn't been touched since he died, which was afterward. I have no clue, unless they found it there when they moved in.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234