Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

A day at the shops.

Article about: All picked up in Cardiff yesterday except for the pre WWI lugged SWB badge which came in the post yesterday. A good days shopping IMHO. The wife bought some tops and some new boots.

24th foot the Roukes drift mob well done Jerry.

- - Updated - -

rourkes

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A day at the shops.
    P
    Many

Always nice to see your new buys. Well done.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Some nice finds Jerry!
    I like the pith as well.
    I wish some of the items I am after could be found at these prices.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Some nice finds Jerry!
    I like the pith as well.
    I wish some of the items I am after could be found at these prices.
    Ralph.
    Hi Ralph, the sensible price is one of the advantages of collecting British items, though some are very expensive and will even make a lot of TR German items look cheap.

Gotta love the pith.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    24th foot the Roukes drift mob well done Jerry.

- - Updated - -

rourkes
    Hi Harry,

I do like when they use the older terminology for the Regiments, as you point out in this case for the 24th Regiment of foot, whilst a have a few marked to the 23rd regiment of foot and one to the 37th Regiment as well, all but one are uniforms. It really gives them a sense of the regiments history, which in many cases would have stretched back for hundreds of years.

The 24th and the 23rd, along with the 41st and the 69th and the 43rd are all now part of the Royal Welsh Regiment.

PS my 6000th post.
    Regards,

Jerry

Some Very nice finds! I've always liked the Egypt badges, but never have understood why the Sphinx has bosoms!(and quite Healthy ones at that!) lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I've always liked the Egypt badges, but never have understood why the Sphinx has bosoms!(and quite Healthy ones at that!) lol
    Ive never noticed that! I'll never look at one in the same way again! Nice finds Jerry!

?

Nice finds Jerry, I bet a pound that the pith was used in a production of The Pirates of Penzance, seeing it has a costumiers name in and a spike has been added ie " I am the very model of a modern major general", the jacket could well have been used in the same production,you would'nt believe just how many rare pieces of militaria end up in theatrical costume shops, ive even had a nice Heer NCO's cap from one before but had to return it , damn it, the things they hire out is ridiculous

After some research I found the former owner of the SWB mess dress, though it had his name spelled incorrectly. I have only found out a little so far with a listing on the London Gazette for his appointment from the cadets to a 2nd LT in the SWB dating 2nd Sept 1932.

http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issu.../5623/page.pdf

He was David Reginald Llewellyn -without the A- and he appears to have been born in 1912 and died in 1941, though I have yet to find out when, where or how this occurred.

Just found this listing on the CWGC site.

CWGC - Casualty Details

He was a Captain by the date of his death and was with the 1st Bn SWB and was the son of Colonel William Cllydwyn Llewellyn who was high Sheriff of Glamorgan in 1925. his brother Glyn Herbert also fell during WWII.
    Regards,

Jerry

Also found this where his father is mentioned in a will. He was also 24th Regiment of foot (SWB).

Will of George Carwithen
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast