Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Deans' WWII collection

Article about: by Dean Thanks Doug, this has already been discussed before ad-nauseam in a separate thread. The CT is a fake , which i pretty much already knew when buying it and has been removed already b

Great collection dean, I really like your WW1 camo helmet, I have been wanting one but they are hard to find, is it just a shell or does it have a liner?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deans' WWII collection
    P
    Many

?

Default M16 camo with unit number.

Hehe, thanks Max. Yeah, the camo is just a shell ,unfortunately but it still has the liner band and rivets unmessed with. It's still cool though, it has unit marks in the skirt. Its also got some battle damage. Could be a bullet hole or from shrapnel , I dont know. i like to think it was a sniper bullet that passed through the face and exited out The rear skirt .some closer shots of it.

P.S.
    Note pic no.5 , it has a big dark patch on the inner skirt. This is from nearly 100 years of oils from where people held it . Gloves are good to wear when handling these items.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deans' WWII collection   Deans' WWII collection  

Deans' WWII collection   Deans' WWII collection  

Deans' WWII collection  
    Last edited by Dean; 10-13-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Looks like a piece of sharpnel hit this one could be a bullet though. Great WW1 cammo. I like the marking in the skirt of the helmet you don't see a lot of them unit marked. I;ve never owned one marked with a unit. timothy

Quote by Dean View Post
    Hehe, thanks Max. Yeah, the camo is just a shell ,unfortunately but it still has the liner band and rivets unmessed with. It's still cool though, it has unit marks in the skirt. Its also got some battle damage. Could be a bullet hole or from shrapnel , I dont know. i like to think it was a sniper bullet that passed through the face and exited out The rear skirt .some closer shots of it.

P.S.
    Note pic no.5 , it has a big dark patch on the inner skirt. This is from nearly 100 years of oils from where people held it . Gloves are good to wear when handling these items.
    Nice!

?

My WWII era Swiss uniform and some field gear. I'm still looking for a decent cap to go with the display. I got a new torso for my W-SS tunic as well, and its small enough to button my tunic up, unlike the other one! It was a good deal too, $15 from a yard sale down the street. As you can see, my Swiss man lost his right hand in battle protecting the border!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deans' WWII collection   Deans' WWII collection  

?

Hi Dean nice eclectic collection! Finding the appropriate display is part of the fun. I continue to refine and evolve my displays always for the right "look". Regarding your SS tunic it's a 6 button and while they were used Horst Wessel and RF-SS were known to have been issued Heer tunics as they were raised mid 43, not fully trained and made combat ready till early to mid 2nd quarter of 44 if I recall. In any case the shoulder boards and cuff title are probably not original. Hard to say on the eagle but it and the tabs may be post war additions.

?

Default Swiss uniform and W-SS tunic..

Thanks Doug, this has already been discussed in a separate thread. The CT is a fake , which i pretty much already knew when buying it and has been removed already by me. Thanks again for your concern although this isn't an authentfication thread but simply my collection. If you feel that way about the other aspects of it, I respect that. However, I have done much research and feel comfortable with it now. I think I did okay for $300.
    Also, I know the SS used Heer tunics when supplies ran low late in the war. There aren't any signs of Heer insignia and the SS insignia on the sleeve and runes tab are the only insignia ever applied ( the rank tab was hand sewn).
    Dean.
    Last edited by Dean; 12-21-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Great collection Dean. Nice Japanese flag in there too.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thanks Steve. I love that flag. Its silk with a tight thread count, like parachute material and has leather reenforced corners and metal grommets with small green rope or cord loops for suspension . Apparently it's a IJN banner. I got it from a fella in Tokyo who has one of the nicest and vast Japanese collections and is selling it off on eBay .

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Great collection Dean. Nice Japanese flag in there too.........
    This forum has recently peaked an interest in myself for Japanese militaria. So much great information on it has been posted as of late, thank you all. And again, you have a great collection, Dean, congratulations.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast