Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dinky Spitfire 719

Article about: After getting the Dinky Stuka many years ago, finally I got purchase the Dinky Spitfire 719. Both the Spitfire and it's inner box are in excellent condition. All those years back, Christmas

Default Dinky Spitfire 719

After getting the Dinky Stuka many years ago, finally I got to purchase the Dinky Spitfire 719.

Both the Spitfire and it's inner box are in excellent condition.

All those years back, Christmas 1969, the Spitty and Stuka were great Christmas presents and I had hours of fun playing with them.

After seeing the "Battle of Britain" film at the cinema, I could only dream about getting these toys for Christmas.

How many times I shot the Stuka down with the Spitty , I had great fun, over and over again.

Now that I have both of them together, after all those years, brings back long forgotten memories.

Thanks Mum
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dinky Spitfire 719   Dinky Spitfire 719  

Dinky Spitfire 719   Dinky Spitfire 719  

Dinky Spitfire 719  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dinky Spitfire 719
    P
    Many

Crikey, this does bring back childhood memories, I had the spitty too! I loved that thing, I wonder where it finished up?

Wow that's in great condition, i had one back in 69/70 as well and as you say brings back happy memories!...

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    Crikey, this does bring back childhood memories, I had the spitty too! I loved that thing, I wonder where it finished up?
    Yep me too!

I had quite a few in my Dinky "airforce" but I can only remember the precise fate of my De Haviland Vampire which crash landed down a drain grid in the school playground. I was distraught!

Your Spit is a beauty. Thanks for the memories.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Wow,thats a beauty. Have never seen the spit or stuka on this side of the pond. Definately on my wish list. Cheers Brian

My brother had the stuka, we had all kinds of mock air battles raging at one stage. I've got a faded memory of his stuka losing a dogfight when I chucked it in the bush after having a blue with him over something - just like siblings the world over I'm sure! I remember especially wanting the spitfire, our primary school headmaster was a spitfire pilot who fought in the battle of Britain with the RAAF and we all just thought he was a legend. Even in the 1970's he still looked like he could handle a fighter, he was a big tall bloke with a massive handle bar moustache, he passed away about 5 years ago now. Sorry about heading off on a tangent like that, funny how a simple toy can conjure up all kinds of childhood memories.

I can't remember ever seeing any of the civil aircraft in the series in the flesh!....

?

Can we see the stuka. Very cool toys

Would of killed for one, lucky you!!

Thats in lovely nick, and I'm pretty sure those squadron codes are the ones used in the film.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast