Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Display cabinet full :-/

Article about: Hi guys, Status for 2014. My display cabinet is full :-/ As I see it, I have a choice of 3 ! Stop collecting :-( Put up 1 more cabinet ( don't have the space !) :-( Start making "changi

?

Is there a top to the case? You can put the picklehaube or helmet on top. I'd utilize the vertical space and also look at some frame displays and put some of the EKs in it and hang it on the wall like a picture. Is also get rid of anything not in your core. I had the same problem recently, and moved non core (helmet related) items out.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Display cabinet full :-/
    P
    Many

Marc,
    That is a GREAT looking display.
    I live in a very small crappy house and I don't have room to
    display much. Plus the wife isn't a big fan. She doesn't mind my
    collecting but prefers I don't keep it out for all to see.

You've done very well my friend .
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thanks a lot guys :-)
    Doug: there is already a helmet on top of the cabinet !
    I think I will try to make some hangers for my helmets and take these 2 out of the cabinet ( the rest of my helmets are stacked in a corner :-/
    Greg : my wife does not want every one to see my collection either ! It's in the back of my workshop more or less only for me to see ;-D
    Mfg
    Marc

I often joke about my wife......; general boy's talk...
    But in fact she is my partner ....."in crime"....!
    When I started collecting again in 2005 a similar cabinet was bought in order to display what ever I would get, in the entrance hall.
    And I had to solemnly swear I would never exceed the capacity of that particular cabinet.
    Whe are ten years later and I don't remember when I exacty broke my vow, but the militaria cabinet got into the living room.
    I builded a 3 by 3m glass cabinet in the entrance hall and got my bunker with several big display cupboards.
    Hidding the swas is not necessary because they got hard to find into all other pre WWI stuff.

Love your cabinet Marc!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Cull off the non-interest items and spend the money gained for some Good things instead! But, you Do know, of course, that no matter how determined or seriously you vow to control it, collecting is like a cancer-impossible to keep from spreading...You may as well resign yourself to accepting it and concentrate on making the finest displays that you can! (If you can't lick 'em-join 'em!)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I know, Wagriff ;-)
    I already got rid of all my non-german stuff, except some French foreign legion things that I am very fond of too :-/

Mfg
    Marc

That is so true William!
    I am hoping filling that first cabinet with medieval helmets one day!
    But I am very glad I started with ground dugs and went through the evoluation of the collection, the way I did, and still are.
    cheers
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by unimarc View Post
    Wifie goes for the first solution :-/ stop collecting !
    Quote by guns ltd View Post
    I myself would get another cabinet and get rid of the couch or a chair or something like that.
    By the way, my war room is full and my wife says the same thing. "Stop collecting. You have enough". John
    I cant seem to wrap my head around the first 2 options >_< .... IMO History is never enough...I would make a cash offer to her.

Quote by MAP View Post
    At first I thought you meant to say that you were getting rid of the wife......... .........to make more room..
    This Idea is worth a Rep point
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Lebensraum ;-D

i would maximise the most out of what little space you have ,if it were my display cabinet id use the acrylic tiered shelving stefan shows but have four sections modified into a pyramid shape with the stahlhelm and spiked helmet atop

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast