Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Display ideas, ***Helmets*** medals etc...

Article about: hey guys, Finally decided to clean up one of the rooms in the house to reorganize my display. Just looking for some cool but cheap designs for some helmets and also possibly for some medals

?

Default Display ideas, ***Helmets*** medals etc...

hey guys,

Finally decided to clean up one of the rooms in the house to reorganize my display. Just looking for some cool but cheap designs for some helmets and also possibly for some medals and daggers/bayonets. I dont really have a budget since most of the wood my buddy can cut with his saw mill but id like to keep costs to a minimal so I can buy more pieces. At the moment I have 3 flags plus another on the way and a handful of uniforms that take up most of the wall space, therefore space is valuable.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Display ideas, ***Helmets*** medals etc...
    P
    Many

?

pictures of your displays for inspiration would be very helpful

?

Hey Phil,

Less is more in my opinion when displaying. Many of the helmet guys will have great ideas. I have only 4 helmets. I feel my room might be getting a little cluttered. I might suggest finding some inexpensive cardboard risers and using some vintage 1940's cloth material as a drape so you can get some height in displaying helmet groupings of items to create depth and dimension. I am sure others will jump in with some nice displays & ideas. Hope this helps. Send us pictures as you get going with it. Always great to see what others do.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Display ideas, ***Helmets*** medals etc...   Display ideas, ***Helmets*** medals etc...  

Display ideas, ***Helmets*** medals etc...  
    Attached Images Attached Images Display ideas, ***Helmets*** medals etc...  Display ideas, ***Helmets*** medals etc...  Display ideas, ***Helmets*** medals etc... 
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

MAP
    ?

You probably DON'T want to follow my display method. Not pretty but it protects them from the dust and stuff. Look at posts 124 and 126. The old barrister bookcases and old china closets do a fantastic job keeping the dust out but are not the most efficient for small spaces...also in post 124 you can see shadow boxes. You can buy them at the craft store. I pull out the backs, cover them in black or red velvet. They really make medals "Pop". You can see them on the call in post 126.

My Collection - A portion

suggest you brows thru this collectors community forum for ideas as well...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Less is more in my opinion ......
    What demons have taken over your mind Kirk???

Quote by Rossi View Post
    I might suggest ....using some vintage 1940's cloth material as a drap .....to create depth and dimension.
    Well...I think that demon in his former life was an interior decorator....LoL

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

If space is an issue, you can send some stuff my way.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    What demons have taken over your mind Kirk???

Well...I think that demon in his former life was an interior decorator....LoL
    Michael...Stop or I will send Dieter from Sprockets Over...With a drape to cover you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Display ideas, ***Helmets*** medals etc...  
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

thanks for the suggestions, its a fairly big room but i have to fit my bed and dressers (which double as display tables) in as well with alot of wall hangers (flags/uniforms). Also forgot to mention that i have 5 rifles and 4 handguns id like to display in a neat manner as well. I will defiantly post pictures of the completed project, I built a gorgeous shadow type box for a RCAF flag I have, cant wait to share. Might take me awhile to finish tho as im also preoccupied with my jobs and other hobbies (flying/shooting, etc...)

MAP
    ?

Flags (to me) take up way to much valuable wall space. You can build/buy shadow boxes for the pistols as well.

Looking forward to seeing the "project"

Quote by Phil97 View Post
    pictures of your displays for inspiration would be very helpful
    The search function will help you here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast