Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Displaying lapel badges

Article about: Right - I feel stupid having to ask this but I want to display my NSDAP pin and my DRK pin so they are standing upright (like Espenlaub display theirs), and also my DRK Stick pin but I can't

Default Displaying lapel badges

Right - I feel stupid having to ask this but I want to display my NSDAP pin and my DRK pin so they are standing upright (like Espenlaub display theirs), and also my DRK Stick pin but I can't for the life of me figure out what to search for - I tried 'enamel pin display stand' and 'badge display stand' but I can't work out the right size for a small badge.

So any ideas on what I can use to display my pins? I found a coin stand which would work okay for the NSDAP pin but not the stick pin or DRK badge.

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Displaying lapel badges
    P
    Many

For very small items, I use these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-5-10-Ca...72.m2749.l2649

They're very small in size, ideal for coin-sized items like pins and buttons. I have had issues using them with anything that has a pin on the back, so might be worth considering. But for things like my collection of tinnies, they're ideal. In this photo, they're being used to display the political button and two of the day badges.

Displaying lapel badges

For anything else, Riker cases are excellent. They're very versatile, and can display anything as long as it's flat enough to be sandwiched between the glass and the soft backing. I used to get them from a seller on eBay, but they've since stopped selling the slimmer ones. They only sell the variants meant for thicker items like daggers and belt buckles. Here's the seller, if you want a look:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/just-in-c...1&_ipg=&_from=

Regards, B.B.

Thanks BB! The riker cases were something I had in mind for some other things i collect (not related to WW2) but I couldn't find what I actually wanted - now I know what to look for!
    (Love the new Avatar btw- Father Ted is an old favourite of mine!)

Glad I was able to help!

I do seem to revolve around comedy classics when picking my avatars. Father Ted is one of my favourites as well, up there with 'Allo 'Allo.

B.B.

I'm afraid this won't be of much use to you, as they don't seem to be on offer anymore (at least I can't find them), but a while back I purchased a few of these neat little aluminium stands on German eBay. They are especially designed for displaying small badges with horizontal pin assemblies. I use them for ribbon bars and clasps:

Displaying lapel badges

Displaying lapel badges

Ahh that's a shame HPL as I really like those! I will have to see if anyone is selling anything similar!!

As for stickpins, I use a strip of black hard foam rubber with another piece of black plastic glued to the back and stick them in there:

Displaying lapel badges

For another method for displaying ribbon bars, see here:

A simple display idea for ribbon bars

This could be of interest to you:

Website with Acrylic Stands for Party badges