Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Displaying Uniforms

Article about: Hello everyone! I have recently acquired two uniforms and as these are my first uniforms of any real value, I was wondering how I should display/store them. But this all comes with a catch.

Default Displaying Uniforms

Hello everyone! I have recently acquired two uniforms and as these are my first uniforms of any real value, I was wondering how I should display/store them. But this all comes with a catch. The only places I have to display them are in somewhat direct sunlight and I have cats who are unstoppable (one can literally turn the knob of a door and open it). So what should I do? Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Displaying Uniforms
    P
    Many

You don't really have an option, looks like you can only display them for a short time then store them

?

I would agree with Rene display the uniforms to photograph them and you will have to store them away from the cats as well as direct sunlight which would be detrimental to the textiles.

Regards Mark K

Ok thanks guys. What about storage? What should I do for that?

?

Shadow box with uv glass. Can hang it on the wall or set it on a table. Throw in a cap with the tunic if possible, looks sharp.

Thanks visor. I had been thinking about a shadowbox but I was a little concerned on how to fix a uniform in it and the price.

?

You can get cheap shadow boxes at Micheals store, wait till the 50 percent off sale, comes every couple of weeks. As to affixing the tunic, depends on the box. Also add a mothball if wanted.

All depends if you have a Micheals store near you. Also you can hang the tunic on a hanger, then affix the hanger to the shadow box. Make sure it is a high grade padded non slip hanger. Some people add fake bullet holes to the glass to make it look extra special.

How about a lock for the door and black-out curtains for the windows? I had some for my movie theatre room in my pervious home and they worked miracles. I personally don't enjoy displaying uniforms in glass cases nor tucked away, so the above opinion would be my solution.

?

Part of collecting is storing and displaying your items. If the items are valuable, or historic.....they should be stored in the proper manner....shadow boxes, display cases, etc. I have spent thousands on cases and such, it is our responsiibility to keep these items preserved. In my opinion, why own a tunic if you can't see it? If the UV glass is too expensive, find out when the sunlight hits the area, and just put a simple cover over it when it shines. Just make sure the kitties don't see it as a scratching post situation, and that the heat is not overwhelming. DISPLAY and ENJOY what you own, and give others the opportunity to also see your collection.

The blackout curtains mentioned previously is a great idea.

Thanks guys. I think I have a spot where there wouldn't be much sunlight hitting it. I will definitely look into some shadowboxes and I think there is a Micheals nearby. For anyone interested the two uniforms are a Canadian Royal Ordnance Corps tunic and a Kriegsmarine Peacoat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast