Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Erste, Zweite, Dritte

Article about: A very common award, but always aesthetically pleasing pieces. Affordable to boot! Took me a couple of months to acquire all three. The bronze one was my very first Third Reich piece, and ca

Default Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Erste, Zweite, Dritte

A very common award, but always aesthetically pleasing pieces. Affordable to boot!
    Took me a couple of months to acquire all three. The bronze one was my very first Third Reich piece, and came on its own. The silver came with its issue packet, and the gold with its original box. I'm very happy with these, even with the silver being very grubby, and the gold's box suffering some damage. To my knowledge, they're all good, original pieces.

Regards, B.B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Erste, Zweite, Dritte   Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Erste, Zweite, Dritte  

Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Erste, Zweite, Dritte   Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Erste, Zweite, Dritte  

Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Erste, Zweite, Dritte   Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Erste, Zweite, Dritte  

Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Erste, Zweite, Dritte  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Erste, Zweite, Dritte
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

In my mind one of the most beautiful TR awards. As I kid I remember seeing one my great aunt had, how I longed for it, she said I could have it after she died. But I never did get that one.

I have the set now and often think of parting with them but I can't bring myself to do it.

Very happy for you, and you started off the collection in the right direction👍

I'd consider the historic value of the awards far more appealing than the money you'd make by moving them on.
    They're still not all that valuable, but the beauty-to-cost ratio is priceless. That's what attracted me to these in the first place, and to Third Reich items in general; the idea that a regime responsible for so much horror could create such beautiful things.

B.B.

Quote by humble collector View Post
    Very happy for you, and you started off the collection in the right direction👍
    Thanks for the kind words. If something should happen in the future and I should have to sell my collection, I'd be keeping these.

B.B.

They are lovely aesthetically. Not boring to look at, and typically high quality of manufacture unlike some of the 3rd Reich junky zinc badges.

Quote by humble collector View Post
    They are lovely aesthetically. Not boring to look at, and typically high quality of manufacture unlike some of the 3rd Reich junky zinc badges.
    I've yet to get into combat badges, but I will, with time. Unfortunately, the list of things I want is always much larger than the money I have to buy them!

B.B.

Default Order of the Golden Kite 7th class

Brodie you seem like a fella who appreciates quality. I've always liked this particular medal. They are beautiful, and made to the highest standards typically better than the vast majority of German badges etc...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter: Erste, Zweite, Dritte  

CBH
    ?

The thing about collecting is you can't hold onto everything, even thou I try.

At some point you have to let go of loose ends, these are safe for now.

CBH so true! I'm dumping a chunk of my collection. Not for finances, but lack of interest.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast