Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Enlighten me on this.

Article about: Ok, so I have found 3 uniforms for next to nothing in an old military surplus place. There are 2 NVA tunics, one with two pockets, a type of belt across the bottom and an edelweiss patch on

Default Enlighten me on this.

Ok, so I have found 3 uniforms for next to nothing in an old military surplus place. There are 2 NVA tunics, one with two pockets, a type of belt across the bottom and an edelweiss patch on the left sleeve, the other a four pocket tunic sans shoulder boards but with the cuff title Grenztruppen der DDR intact. The third is a Spc 4 US class A dress uniform belonging to a Korean War vet who was in the artillery. It has the ribbons and unit citations all intact.
    So, my question is, where does everyone find the mannequins to display their tunics and uniforms? I don't see anywhere that sells "discount" torsos. I don't really need legs as the only one with pants is the US uniform. Hats I am thinking can just sit on the top?
    I know one person here who has many, many tunics, does not use mannequins at all. FB uses no mannequins. That leads me to the question, is a mannequin a poor way to display because of potential damage? They do take up much more space, but I am not buying an army of tunics.
    Thanks for any feedback and ideas!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Enlighten me on this.
    P
    Many

I can't help about the mannequins, but would like to see that belted two-pocket NVA tunic with the EdelweiƟ. I have no idea what that could be. (The NVA didn't have mountain troops.)

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I can't help about the mannequins, but would like to see that belted two-pocket NVA tunic with the EdelweiƟ. I have no idea what that could be. (The NVA didn't have mountain troops.)
    I thought it might be a mess dress tunic. The background on the collar tabs is green. I will get some photos soon.

Store Supply Warehouse sells mannequins for retail. I was thinking of getting one. They have different types including torsos and full bodies. If you want one of those nice custom types like you see in museums it will cost a ton of money. The type at the warehouse are very inexpensive. Some are under 100 or even 50 dollars. One thing though - many of the male type are 6 foot or taller. They may also have large chest sizes. You have to do the math before ordering. I note they do have a 5 foot 7 inch full body type that may accommodate most WWII uniforms which tend to be small. Let me know if you can find the web site. NH
    www.storesupply.com

?

I have picked up a couple things here and the gentleman was super kind and helpful on the phone about helping take dimensions on my Luft Pilot Uniform. He turned out just about perfect. He listened and understood why I needed a smaller fit as German uniforms ran a little smaller. I did take great care in pulling the jumpsuit over the mannequin and my fear was always about ripping something. Luckily he came in lots of parts. Hope this helps. Good luck as they can be pricey. I did find an old warehouse place here and take my tunic down and pick through some old beat up ones as well. that are cheap!

LINK: HEARTLAND MANNEQUINS & DISPLAYS
    Attached Images Attached Images Enlighten me on this. 
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

MAP
    ?

EBay is a great place. Hit or miss but if your patient you will find new and used ones for sale. I've picked up 6 or 7 at different times. Most from eBay some at militaria shows and one at a store closing.

A word of advice. Get the smallest size you can. We as a population are bigger than people were in the 40's. If you ever get and want to display Japanese uniforms then I would recommend youth or even child sized "dress forms" as they are also called. I also prefer the headless and armless versions.

You can see some examples of mine here

My Collection - A portion
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Also Amazon.com has them

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

I only use half mannequins. Some I buy from used store fixture stores, and some my friend finds at garage sales and such.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Keep your eye out for store closure auctions as well....you can quite often pick them up for little of nothing...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast