Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fairbarn-Sykes knife

Article about: Hi, i had the luck to do a swop today for a couple of repro german medals a guy wanted so this is what i got, A nice Fairbarn-sykes nato issue knife. it is 1976 issue and has Nato and No 465

Default Fairbarn-Sykes knife

Hi,
    i had the luck to do a swop today for a couple of repro german medals a guy wanted so this is what i got, A nice Fairbarn-sykes nato issue knife. it is 1976 issue and has Nato and No 4658827
    stamped on it, it is in very good condition.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fairbarn-Sykes knife
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fairbarn-Sykes knife

Hi Dave, I think you got a good deal. The "FS" knife is a classic bit of kit.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello Dave,
    I have two F/Bs in my collection. The brass hilt one I think is a fake. Note Wilkinson spelt without the second 'I', general poor quality, very thick crossguard etc.
    The alloy hilt one is a Falkland Islands issue, the blade was originally matt black but has been polished. I confess to that as it looked better on display.......(sorry). I really should get in touch with him and see if he still has any!
    I bought it as unissued in original wrapping, from a trusted dealer.
    Best regards,
    Guy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fairbarn-Sykes knife   Fairbarn-Sykes knife  

Fairbarn-Sykes knife   Fairbarn-Sykes knife  

Fairbarn-Sykes knife   Fairbarn-Sykes knife  

Hi Ade & Guy,
    I was chuft to bits to get hold of this one, i thought the guy was joking when he said he would swop for this. I had sorted out some of my old stuff in the boxes as you do and thought i would try my luck. you dont know of you dont ask, I had one years ago in the army but lost it in Scotland, i left it behind when we had to move a bit sharpish. But this one,s going knowwhere.
    I went back today with a denazified R.A.D. buckle and got a nice war merit cross for it and wound badge. Oh great joy.
    Dave.

Looks like another decent deal. You just need to find a replacement ribbon as the one seen here is for the War Merit Medal.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,
    Yeah i know the ribbon is wrong but i thought i would just show it as is, but it,s already taken off. but thanks, I did quite well this weekend and all i spent in money was a fiver. cant be bad.
    dave.

Hi Guy,
    Nice knives mate, i love the look of them and its hard to get a good one i think. I see what you mean about the Wilkinson strange that but it still looks good, i like the brass look of it to
    great in the display.
    dave.

Quote by navyman View Post
    I have two F/Bs in my collection. The brass hilt one I think is a fake.
    You are correct. It is not an original but still makes a good
    display piece.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Hello Dave and Ade,
    Is this the correct ribbon, if so, PM me with address and I will mail it to you. It's a piece from a copy medal which I bought before joining this forum. I'm still looking for something to donate to Ade's giveaway section, there doesn't seem to have been much activity recently, so he may accept five bob, (25p) ! In these lean times I suppose every little helps.
    I'm a bit envious of Dave's good trades, well done.
    All best,
    Guy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fairbarn-Sykes knife  

Hello Greg,
    What bike do you have? The red one is mine, vertical drainpipe on back is to hold my crutches. I can get nearly 15 mph out of it. The Ducatti belongs to a friend, unfortunately I can't get on it these days but he tells me it's a great ride.
    Thanks for your comment on the Fairbairn Sykes.
    Cheers,
    navyman.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fairbarn-Sykes knife  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast