Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Fathers WW2 US bring back items

Article about: Here is some of my dad's WW2 items I will try to clear this up they were not period worn as his originals were left behind in Germany but these shown were in his possession since 1945-46 exc

Default Fathers WW2 US bring back items

Here is some of my dad's WW2 items I will try to clear this up they were not period worn as his originals were left behind in Germany but these shown were in his possession since 1945-46 except the newer Div history book on the right of photo on left is original div history printed in 1946. He was wounded on Lampaden Ridge just outside Zerf Germany when they were attacked by the 6th SS Moutain Div and the 137th mountain reg 2nd Mountain Div (Heer) this was taken from his original divisional history book. He was wounded there and sent to England, and then to US to a VA hospital in Utah. The helmet is a US Fixed bail front seam made by McCord Radiator co according to the Ser no made in 1943 on the research I done on it on the M-1 helmet site. The net was fragile so I didn't take it off to show the marks inside the helmet front part. This was in his shed for over 30 years and it has been restored with a relined Vietnam era Capac liner supplied by me chinstrap is a replacement. Canteen is dated 42 and carrier same has a WW1 cup. He brought back a lot of field gear from here in the states so I guess you could say these were his "Collectibles" thank you timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fathers WW2 US bring back items   Fathers WW2 US bring back items  

Fathers WW2 US bring back items   Fathers WW2 US bring back items  

Fathers WW2 US bring back items   Fathers WW2 US bring back items  

Fathers WW2 US bring back items  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fathers WW2 US bring back items
    P
    Many