Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Feldbluse/Mütze display

Article about: I have finally found an appropriate service cap for this custom tailored artillery Feldbluse. The problem I'm having is locating a decent display figure for it. The adult mannequin displays

Default Feldbluse/Mütze display

I have finally found an appropriate service cap for this custom tailored artillery Feldbluse. The problem I'm having is locating a decent display figure for it. The adult mannequin displays in the US seem to be all in the 40 range. The Feldbluse must be around a 36. It doesn't fit with an adult display and is too big for a child display as you can see. Any advice? Thanks! Neil

Feldbluse/Mütze displayFeldbluse/Mütze displayFeldbluse/Mütze display

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldbluse/Mütze display
    P
    Many

I used a mannequin half-torso for my tunic. As it's only half the torso, it's a better fit for smaller-sized garments. It's designed primarily for wall display, but I removed the hook from mine and stood it on a shelf. To fill out the arms, I stuffed them with acid free tissue paper.

Feldbluse/Mütze displayFeldbluse/Mütze display

I don't know of any America-based sellers of these torsos, but they're fairly easy to find on sites like eBay, and not very expensive. Certainly cheaper than a professional tailor's dummy.

Regards, B.B.

Whack on a thick jumper underneath?

Great display so far Neil!

Have you had a look at Yanks Mannequins?
    military mannequin museums uniform collectors - Yanks Mannequins, LLC

I’m working on putting together WW1 German Stormtrooper display and will probably use these guys. Their mannequins are made smaller to suit military displays as people were smaller back then in general.

Hope this helps

Cheers,
    Andrew

Brodie, I love your display!

A helmet would finish it off nicely

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Brodie, I love your display!

A helmet would finish it off nicely
    I have the helmet, just waiting on a new room. I haven't got the space at the moment.

B.B.

Ah yes, space. The limiting factor.

My display room is quite small but will be cosy lol.

If my mannequin is from YANKS I’ll have the option of a stand so that I can bring him out for display or as an interesting topic of discussion when we have guests over

Thanks for the input. I did look at Yanks and while their products look great and are reasonably priced, I think the realistic look will scare the crap out of my family! I was looking for something more neutral. I see there is a torso with cap display device - maybe that will do. NH

I know what you mean Neil regarding the life like appearance but in my case I’m planning on my mannequin wearing an Imperial German gasmask so the face will be hidden otherwise I’d probably be looking for something more neutral too.

And by the way, if you would like to give me some feedback on the awards I've chosen to display, please do so. NH