Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

A Few New Helmets Added to the Kids Collection

Article about: Amongst several other pieces of militaria the kid found under the Christmas Tree this year was a few new helmets to add to his collection. These, along with a few others that have started st

Default A Few New Helmets Added to the Kids Collection

Amongst several other pieces of militaria the kid found under the Christmas Tree this year was a few new helmets to add to his collection. These, along with a few others that have started stacking in the closet again, prompted us to throw up a couple more shelves in my office. Thought I’d share a few photos of his growing helmet collection. As always, nothing special but he likes them and I’ll have to admit that I’ve grown quite fond of collecting old M-1’s as well, especially the USN lids. He is starting to make noise about wanting a German helmet in the shelf, he’d better start saving his pennies!

One of the real nice items (at least I think so) I picked up for him for Christmas was a very clean M1928 Haversack w/Meat Can Pouch. Our quest now is to get all the gear to make it complete for his display.

Next on the agenda, put shelves up in his room for his growing gas mask collection!

Russ & Son

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Few New Helmets Added to the Kids Collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: A Few New Helmets Added to the Kids Collection

Wow! That collection is indeed growing!
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

WOW ! Now his collection has grown HUDGE since i last saw it ! It Looks very good ! Soon you will spread to the liveing room

Kind regards
    Alex

Quote by banksy View Post
    WOW ! Now his collection has grown HUDGE since i last saw it ! It Looks very good ! Soon you will spread to the liveing room

Kind regards
    Alex
    My wife collects rustinc antique trunks. The reason the shelves were put up is because she evicted my sons helmet collection from her trunks......

This looks fantastic, you're gonna need a bigger office soon if you need any pointers/help for display ideas for the gas masks give me a shout

Thanks

Danny

thanks for sharing russ i am awestruck what a superb collection

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    This looks fantastic, you're gonna need a bigger office soon if you need any pointers/help for display ideas for the gas masks give me a shout

Thanks

Danny
    Danny, we most certainly will. Right now he just has a half dozen or so on bare foam heads, stuck up on a shelf...half of them falling over, looks like crap. Need to come up with a little better idea than what he has going on before we start throwing up shelves, a good way to secure them etc. He's got about 20 GMs I guess, some are better left in the box but he "HAD" to have them. Would be nice to do the GM and Helmet pairing but as of this moment, he really can only do so with the US GM's he has as he really does not have any others that mate up.

I've seen some great display ideas from many here on the forum but most are pretty high end and and not in the cards for his small room and MY wallet...LOL. He'll need to get a bigger place (and a better job) to afford some of those real nice displays......but all that will come in time I'm sure.

russ can i ask about the nam helmet is it an m1 or m1 c ,looks great with the bug juice bottle is it dated 66

Quote by col james View Post
    russ can i ask about the nam helmet is it an m1 or m1 c ,looks great with the bug juice bottle is it dated 66
    James, the helmet is a standard M-1 although I do have an M-1 shell sitting around with a Para chin strap on it, I just don't have an M1C liner to mate up with it. And yes, the repelent bottle is dated Dec 1966. Assuming authentic but who really knows, grabbed it off of eBay!

Russ