Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

A few new Pieces to the collection

Article about: Hi guys thought I would throw up a few new pics of some of my items The items inherited from the grandfather are now framed, I also have newspaper clippings of when he was awarded for being

?

Default A few new Pieces to the collection

Hi guys thought I would throw up a few new pics of some of my items

The items inherited from the grandfather are now framed, I also have newspaper clippings of when he was awarded for being in the "Auxiliary Unit"

Also bought a few limited edition prints

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A few new Pieces to the collection
    P
    Many

Very nice stuff!....

Very nicely displayed. And that's a great looking insignia. Thanks for sharing

Regards,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

?

thanks, I lucked out on the insignia. Got it on ebay for £35 , the reason I paid so much for it is due to my relative serving with them when he was killed in 1945. He fought and survived Cassino but died 2 weeks before the end of the war

Hi Goudy, Very interesting and rare attributed items from an auxiliary Unit. I have spoken with a couple of chaps who were in similar units up here most were shepherds or gamekeepers, basically people with good local knowledge, fieldcraft skills and generally able to put up with a degree of hardship. Could I ask what your Grandfathers occupation was.

?

No problem, my grandad worked in the quarry on the explosives side of things which is why I think he was chosen. Sadly I didn't get his F&S dagger as another relative did and lost it years ago

He never told my nan his duty until he received his medal in 1997 iirc. She thought he was out seeing other girls and used to say "you never done anything in the war" lol

Thanks for the information. I think your quite correct. His knowledge of explosives would have made him very useful.