Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Framing Nagant Revolver and TT33 Pistol

Article about: The next step was to nail the plywood board onto the back of the frame securely...

Default Framing Nagant Revolver and TT33 Pistol

Hi, at the moment I'm waiting for some more deacts to arrives, this includes a Nagant Revolver and a TT33 Pistol. I've had this idea of framing them after finding a couple of old photo frames with the glass missing that are quite deep so they should be fine for displaying the pistols. I'm not too sure if they are deep enough though, they are 34mm deep so would the pistols fit and not be sticking out too much? I'll upload pictures of the various stages I go through whilst modifying the frames for the pistols just incase anyone else wants to try out the same thing.

Thanks

Danny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Framing Nagant Revolver and TT33 Pistol
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Framing Nagant Revolver and TT33 Pistol

Hi Danny,
    The cylinder of the M1895 may stick out slightly, but since you aren't using glass in the frame, you should be fine. Two very nice pieces that show the transition in Russian handguns.

The M1895 is a funky gun, mainly due to the ammo because the bullet is recessed in the casing.

I have one and they're fun to shoot. No kick what so ever. I'd compare it to shooting a .22.

Looking forward to seeing photos of both!

Thanks Eric I'm busy making the new backing for the frames at the moment, I'll upload pictures of the pistols when they arrive and also the stages I go through for modifying the frame

Thanks

Danny

Heres some pictures of making the frame-

The first step was to remove the pieces used for the photograph that I would not need, leaving just the wooden frame...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Framing Nagant Revolver and TT33 Pistol   Framing Nagant Revolver and TT33 Pistol  

The next step was to remove this piece of the back of the frame used for hanging it on walls...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Framing Nagant Revolver and TT33 Pistol  

Next I drew around the frame onto some plywood that is to be used as the back...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Framing Nagant Revolver and TT33 Pistol  

Following this the pieces of plywood were cut using a jigsaw, the edges were then planed and sanded to make a nice finish...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Framing Nagant Revolver and TT33 Pistol   Framing Nagant Revolver and TT33 Pistol  

I then pulled out these metal pins that were used to hold the pieces of the frame I removed, this was easily done with a pair of pliers...

Inside the frame were several markings that were printed on for some reason, I removed these with sandpaper, wiped down the wood and re-varnished the wood...

Next was to varnish the plywood thats to be fitted to the back of the frame...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast