MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Gas Mask Collectors?

Article about: Hi, I'm quite new to this forum, and I was wondering if theres any more gas mask collectors here? Thanks. Danny

Default Gas Mask Collectors?

Hi, I'm quite new to this forum, and I was wondering if theres any more gas mask collectors here? Thanks.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gas Mask Collectors?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gas Mask Collectors?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gas Mask Collectors?

Hi Danny, welcome to the forum! Nice to see a young collector with an interest in the hobby.

I have a few respirators in my collection, all WW2 in date, British, German and Soviet, but I don't collect them as such.

I had a look at your album pics, which are very nicely presented, well done.

I expect you are aware of the dangers of old respirators and asbestos, but it is a warning worth repeating as some people are not aware of this.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Danny,

Nice start to your collection very good for your age.

I have a buckshee Volksmask Stamped on the box M for manner(male) that you can have. It has the instruction leaflet in it, its a bit dirty but you can clean the dust off if you want.

I see your in the cadets good for you! Better than street corners.

If you join up good luck but try for a civvie job first.

thanks guys, my friends think I'm pretty odd because I collect them but I'm sure that its better than some hobbies

Hi Danny, checkout the Western Allies section of the forum within the Soviet forum. I have done some threads which might interest you today?

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Danny, i dont want to teach granny to suck egg's, but as Ade said about the asbesto's someone mentioned that if you soak the filter in a mixture of unibond and water and leave it to dry out this seals any loose particals of asbestos in, it dosen't make it totally safe but reduce's the risk you may already know this but i thought it's worth mentioning,
    happy collecting and welcome,
    best regard's Ronnie
    P.S check b4 u do this and that it dosent swell up like baby's nappy

all of the asbestos filters that I have have specially made rubber plugs in them, and some of them are hollow and cleaned for use during re-enacting, but thats an interesting method. Thanks

Danny

Hi Danny, count me in as another 'odd' gas mask collector, it's an excellent hobby!

I have all sorts of militaria, but it was gas masks that I started with and mainly focus on... I've always had an attraction to them, way before I was old enough to appreciate their historical value...etc

Your collection is very nice! Some rare masks there. I have 10, most being pretty common, but as fas as I'm concerned, I'm only just getting started! (Much to my parents' disgust haha )

I said this ages ago that I'd post photos of my guns, haven't got round to it yet, but I'll try get some shots of all of my collection and share it with you all!

-Mat

?

I like the gasmasks, but my part of collection is mostly soviet, and ex-USSR countries
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi ToxicGas, yes its an exelent hobby, its different and its collecting the often forgotten piece of eqiupment! Well keep up the collecting, and as for your parents just tell them that theres worse things you could be doing a lot worse, I'm still having the same problem the pictures on here arent of my whole collection, the rest are on my website Gas Masks UK |

Thanks

Danny