Become our sponsor and display your banner here

German Occupation Medals (Flower Wars)

Article about: Just purchased the last medal I needed for the set (Memel). I do have concerns with the Memel medal because of its scarcity. Opinions and Advice are welcome.

Default German Occupation Medals (Flower Wars)

Just purchased the last medal I needed for the set (Memel). I do have concerns with the Memel medal because of its scarcity.
    Opinions and Advice are welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Occupation Medals (Flower Wars)   German Occupation Medals (Flower Wars)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Occupation Medals (Flower Wars)
    P
    Many

?

Nice set Ben

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thank you Phil, the Memel has been elusive, I actually found a ribbon pin locally for it years ago, but I am pretty sure this ones good.

Its a good Memel (straight G type 7 in Antonio Scapini's book) here's mine for comparison. Regards Paul

Very nice looking trinity of flower medals.

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    Its a good Memel (straight G type 7 in Antonio Scapini's book) here's mine for comparison. Regards Paul
    Yes I agree and Antonio Scapini is a reliable source

I too am fortunate to have the set and like most people found that the "Anchluss" and "Sudetenland" were relatively easy but the "Memel" took a bit of searching. Sadly unlike Pauls example mine has no pin which does seem to be pretty much the norm.

As the Memel medal was not issued in a case like the others I put mine in a spare "Anchluss" case which evens up the display nicely

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thank you gents, I think I will get a display case for the set.