Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Good frame/case for medals?

Article about: Hi guys, Annoyed from this ads?   I'm looking to buy a good quality frame/case to showcase my small collection, which is mostly composed of medals. I've seen displays with UV protection

?

Default Good frame/case for medals?

Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy a good quality frame/case to showcase my small collection, which is mostly composed of medals. I've seen displays with UV protection, which I'm thinking would be ideal. As sealed as possible would probably be good too, in order to limit oxidation. Finally, it would be awesome to have something robust that won't break if dropped, but I'm not sure how possible this is.

A nice addition would be some sort of mounting system, but I'll probably end up using a piece of foam since my collection includes items of a variety of formats. Like I said, my collection is quite small, so something around 14" x 14" would be perfect.

Do you guys know any reputable brand for this kind of product? I'm not even sure if I'm using the right words when searching online (non native English speaker). My budget is around 100$. I've looked on Amazon and eBay, but I don't want to purchase some crappy product thats not going to help preserve my collection.

Thanks a lot guys!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Good frame/case for medals?
    P
    Many

Try michaels - they have nice display cases.

?

Thank you, will look into it!

Meanwhile, if anyone else has suggestions, I'm still interested.

You could also do a search for Riker Mounts.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks for the tip.

Can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Looks like the correct terminology is "shadow box". If any of you guys (or girls) happen to have one, where did you buy it?

Go to michaels they have all kinds of shadow boxes and all different sizes.

?

I'll be able to pay a visit to their store next week. I'll report afterwards whether I found what I'm looking for or not.

Thanks guys!

?

I bought an existing shadowbox and had them replace the glass for some 99% UV proof acrylic glass. Total cost was 130$. I'll post back when I'm done with the whole project!

Thanks a lot guys for the tip regarding Michaels.

I did the shadow box from Michaels before, I actually threaded the medals in at first... then I built a foam backing with holes (all German medals at the time). It looked great, but my problem was how much of a hassle it was when I acquired something new. After a while, I just gave up. Now I use the little plastic stands, or just lay them on the shelf. It does make a nice display in a shadow box though, I hope to see the final product soon!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast