Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Goodwill store find!!! You never know what you will find!

Article about: Hi Gents,,,I could not pass this up as on Thursdays I fill up at a gas station across the street from a goodwill store and some of the large items they put outside so its easy to see driving

Default Re: Goodwill store find!!! You never know what you will find!

Can't go wrong for $20!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Goodwill store find!!! You never know what you will find!
    P
    Many

Very nice!
    Can't wait to see that you put in it

It is a great piece.
    And for 20$??? a bargain.

Great purchase.

Cheers
    Nuno

Thanks gents,,, i have been wanting some type of display cabinet or large curio for the longest time,,, and places like Raymour and Flannigan,, just doesnt seem to meet my expectations with size and shape....mostly prices being through the roof. This hutch or cabinet is more noticeable larger indoors in a room than it is being outside in a bigger area. I will post pics when I get some of my goodies put in there...and hopefull it will give an exact view of dimension this cabinet seems to exude. The cabinet itself has all sealed doors as there is no spacing what is common with most curios. I will post pics of a chair next to the cabinet in the next few days. i want to get it cleaned up a bit.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Excellent display case.
    That was a steal!

Finding a cabinet is a hunt in itself..but actually finding the best way to display items is a battle in itself which, could take months to arrange precisely to what would be appealing and attractive at first glance. Its amazing when you look at something in hand compared to when its behind glass,, what an impression it makes!! here are 2 pics,,of a couple of my daggers in the case but not a definite position,,as I wanted to see what it looked like. later I will photograph it in its completion.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Goodwill store find!!! You never know what you will find!   Goodwill store find!!! You never know what you will find!  

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Great set up Larry. Cant imagine how great its gonna look once its full!

I would lose a few nights sleep trying to figure out the perfect set up for my stuff inside that beauty, you better put on a large pot of coffee haha

I am amazed at the collections I have seen on this forum so far,,, the detail and heart that goes into the set up and the correct backgrounds are beyond anything I could possibly think of. I feel the display one creates is how they want the viewers to see how The Third Reich period has meaning and the impact it made on the collector themselves. I am the student here and learning from what I have seen so far. I have seen rooms made in detail just to enhance a sole display case. Truly that is heart.

A great start, Larry. You'll set it up, stand back and stare at it for an hour, then pull it all back out and rearrange it, and repeat the process half a dozen times, and still not be satisfied. I can't tell you how many times I have pulled out all my helmets just to set them up differently. And god help me when a new helmet arrives. It's like musical chairs in that case. Right now I am working on a display for my rather small Iron Cross collection. I have a shadow box, LED lights and I still can't figure it out. But man it's a fun time

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast