Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Goodwill store find!!! You never know what you will find!

Article about: Hi Gents,,,I could not pass this up as on Thursdays I fill up at a gas station across the street from a goodwill store and some of the large items they put outside so its easy to see driving

Default Goodwill store find!!! You never know what you will find!

Hi Gents,,,I could not pass this up as on Thursdays I fill up at a gas station across the street from a goodwill store and some of the large items they put outside so its easy to see driving by. I finished getting gas and went across the street and it was large type of China closet upper section with a mirrored back and glass panel shelves,, also with a light on the inside. It looks alot bigger in person than photos and this would make a nice display case for my daggers and other items.
    There was a $50 US price tag on it as these usually run around $700-800 US if it had the bottom accessory..regardless for 50 bucks i went inside and inquired about it.
    The guy behind the counter said many people put money down on it and never came back to pick it up after a 2 day holding period,,,and this cabinet is made of very heavy wood. The guy said give me $20 for it and get it out of here because its a pain to move in and out of the store at night................ I SAID OK I WILL TAKE IT RIGHT NOW...........I could not believe it!!! below are a couple of pics..there is a minor crack at the bottom of the mirror which is easily fixable. Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Goodwill store find!!! You never know what you will find!   Goodwill store find!!! You never know what you will find!  

Goodwill store find!!! You never know what you will find!  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Goodwill store find!!! You never know what you will find!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Goodwill store find!!! You never know what you will find!

Very nice and something that would be great to display collections. I have seen similar items and have been tempted, but never seen one for such a good price.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

That's awesome Larry. Beats the junk at my local goodwill. Busted baby toys and soiled clothes. Just shows you can find a gem in the least likely of places.

PS: is that a wall mounted case? Would be great for helmets...just a suggestion

?

I don't know if I would buy anything from a bloke as dodgy looking as that Larry........

Oh!

It's you...........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Real bargain!....

Helmetone....I would say its way too heavy to mount on a wall its not made of that pressed wood that you see modern furniture made of...

@ Adrian...I would but anything from me either as i know i couldnt live with myself and went to look at my daggers and start a fight with my alter ego..telling me to put it down.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

That will look pretty sweet with the glass shelves full of daggers and display pieces.
    Regards,
    John

Nice find Larry!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Got yourself a bargain there friend.

?

Goodwill, garage sales and thrift shops are the BEST for looking for display items. Even if they aren't perfect the prices make up for them. I got a 5 shelf curio cabinet with working lights for $10 at a garage sale. Getting them so cheap gives you more money for militaria

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast