MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

greek militaria from the second world war

Article about: During the civil war the greek army wore batledress uniforms constructed in Canada Australia or England,these were worn by all ranks, some officers who were commisioned prior to ww2 continue

Default Re: greek militaria from the second world war

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The incredible fighting that Greece did in the war-against staggering odds-was just magnificent! It's Good to see examples being collected from their legendary efforts. You have some Excellent militaria and, no doubt, even more amazing pieces coming in the future! Good job!
    Thank you my friend it is good to see some people that recognize the greek war effort!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement greek militaria from the second world war
    P
    Many

deadjune
    ?

Very clearly the second tunic is a British SD of the 22 type with some greek buttons added.
    Though there is some low possibility some of these were used as gap-fillers, are quite different
    from the Greek ones, no less because of the colour of the khaki, Greek khaki is more olive-green.

deadjune
    ?

- - Updated - -

Quote by sebfrench76 View Post
    very interesting items,thank you to share them with us!
    During the years of the Civil war,were the uniforms the same as these ones?Or each camp had his own wheither they were nationalist or communist?
    hello friend,
    Both sides in the civil war were wearing primarily British battledress. The Communist DSE also wore (much less) servicedress tunics, especially the officer type and made limited use of captured items like German or Italian tunics and maybe some newly made in yugoslavia, but they also look like battledress blouses plus civilian clothing. Apart from 1944-1945 they used no helmets, the primary headgear was a WW1 or WW2 type sidecap with DSE insignia.
    Rank was indicated by stars, same as National Army. The National Army were 100% perfect copied from contemporal British gear and uniforms plus Brodie helmets and khaki berets.

NCO
    ?

Hello Giorgos,
    Sorry for the delay reply. Thanks for posting the interior of the side cap I requested.
    I don't really know much about these and what particular pattern is this one , I think there was a few patterns.
    Is there any documentation on these caps that one can read and learn from?
    Excellent pre war group. thanks for sharing.
    Cheers
    NCO

indeed the greek army used some british supplied service dress tunics as is my example and the buttons of the the greek service dress tunics were manufactured in England.

Hello everyone, i have just seen this thread.
    Very nice items Giorgos. Thanks for posting.
    I have been looking for a long time for WWII period Greek uniforms and couldn't find anything.
    Mpairaktaris.com has a lot of uniforms but 99% are post war and only 1% pre war like the dress piece you have.
    Those pre war uniforms are very expensive too.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

thanks friend indeed it took me several years to collect these pieces and all were used during and prior to the greek-italian war

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Hello everyone, i have just seen this thread.
    Very nice items Giorgos. Thanks for posting.
    I have been looking for a long time for WWII period Greek uniforms and couldn't find anything.
    Mpairaktaris.com has a lot of uniforms but 99% are post war and only 1% pre war like the dress piece you have.
    Those pre war uniforms are very expensive too.
    You should try this site also John's military you will find original ww2 pieces of greek militaria!

Quote by giorgos p View Post
    You should try this site also John's military you will find original ww2 pieces of greek militaria!
    Hi mate, thanks.
    I know this site. Herrzark told me about it.
    Cheers
    Christos

Beware though as most of his German militaria are fakes.
    Look at this uniform for example.
    Attached Images Attached Images greek militaria from the second world war  greek militaria from the second world war 

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast