Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

greek militaria from the second world war

Article about: During the civil war the greek army wore batledress uniforms constructed in Canada Australia or England,these were worn by all ranks, some officers who were commisioned prior to ww2 continue

Default Re: greek militaria from the second world war

Quote by dave123 View Post
    Hello,

great colour photos of uniforms, apart from the ammo pouches what other equipment- haversack, canteen etc were worn by Greek troops ?

I haven't seen any photos of Greek soldiers with their full kit.

Dave.
    It has been a while since i last posted anything and for answering to Daves guestion i am presenting the following photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture greek militaria from the second world war   greek militaria from the second world war  

greek militaria from the second world war   greek militaria from the second world war  

greek militaria from the second world war   greek militaria from the second world war  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement greek militaria from the second world war
    P
    Many

George where was the last picture with the mannequins taken?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    George where was the last picture with the mannequins taken?
    It was taken in Thessaloniki in an exhibition organised by the local union of antigue sellers.

Here are some illustrations in which we can observe the variety of equipment used by the Greek army during the war against Italy and Germany.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture greek militaria from the second world war   greek militaria from the second world war  

Great!!The glorious history of our nation is allive

My most recent requirements dating from 1936 to 1941 a greek officers pistol holster and ammo pouch along with a lower rank officer visor cap and a classic propaganda poster from the beggining of the war depecting an eyzone (greek mountain troop) and the ancient spartan motto, -come and get them-. greek militaria from the second world wargreek militaria from the second world wargreek militaria from the second world war

Great collection, nice to see some Greek items

Cheers, Mads

Nice set of Greek items pretty rare items really Greek collasped pretty fast once German invaded they still had a resistance movement old movie Guns of Navarone is based on this and German occupation. I often wonder where most of Greek items are maybe used post war? Some of it comes up from time to time here in the States but is usually priced pretty high so they must be rare items. Thanks for showing. timothy

?

I have had that same kepi in my collection for over 15 years and never knew what country it was from. Glad you put it on here. Everyone kept telling me it was Swedish.

Quote by timothy View Post
    Nice set of Greek items pretty rare items really Greek collasped pretty fast once German invaded they still had a resistance movement old movie Guns of Navarone is based on this and German occupation. I often wonder where most of Greek items are maybe used post war? Some of it comes up from time to time here in the States but is usually priced pretty high so they must be rare items. Thanks for showing. timothy
    The uniform items used by the greek army during the Italian and German invasion continued to be in use during the occupation years by the army in exile and the resistance movement untill they were destroyed in the harsch conditions of the north african desert and the greek mountains, in the early post war years only some servise dress uniforms were continued to be in use by some officers that's the reason of their rarity. You are welcome timothy!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast